View Single Post
Old 12-25-2021, 10:54 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,029 Posts

o

(vs. CARDINALS, 12/25)

At the very end of the first half, I was wondering what the hell Reich was doing in regard to clock management ...... we had all 3 timeouts left, and after Pittman caught a pass in-bounds, he just casually let an additional 10 seconds run off of the clock before finally calling a time-out with only 21 seconds left.

But considering the surrounding circumstances, I think that Reich may have been going ultra-conservative and just playing for the field goal for numerous reasons.

1) ) The entire starting offensive line is missing.

2) ) Because of that, I think that Reich was a little leery of taking a chance on a turnover from a rushed pass or a strip-sack.

3) ) The Colts were getting the ball to start the second half, so they were kind of in the driver's seat in regard to momentum.

4) ) While letting the clock run down as much as they did after the in-bonds catch certainly hurt the Colts' chances of getting into the end-zone instead of just settling for the field goal, it made absolute certain that Kyler Murray wasn't going to have a second left to pull something off on the other end ...... LITERALLY, not leaving him a single second to work with after the field goal.

Because of all of that, I think that Reich was doing the opposite of what he usually does, which is risk everything like a wild-man ...... and that may be a good sign of his positive evolution as a head coach.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck