View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 08:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I trust Ballard, he has a record. I dont trust your thinking, because its not grounded in reality. If all Wentz needs is coaching, why are they trying to get rid of him? They just brought back his former coach, so why are the desperate to cut him loose?
You call media hit pieces "reality"? That's the narrative you seem to want to believe, so you're clinging to any evidence of it. Reality is often much different than what is written in hit pieces or fluff pieces, and if Ballard and Reich are still pursuing it (which all reports indicate they are), it's because they think Reich can fix him. Also, the hit pieces vary from "he can't take tough coaching" to "Press Taylor was too soft on him", which is why I tend to take them with a grain of salt and believe in the proven talent evaluators of the Colts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Of course the NFL is a what have you done for me lately league and saying that Wentz is comparable to Watson is ricockulous. Also, saying he just had a bad stretch of games is a huge understatement as he was god awful for the entire 2020 season until he was benched in Dec. You add his dropping off a cliff performance with a lot of reports coming out showing that he's a possible head case, and bringing him in clearly has potential for disaster.

Something else that shouldn't be overlooked is that the Eagles have really struggled with Wentz at QB since his injury. In 2018 they had a losing record with him and were much better with Foles starting (you can also argue that they were just as good with Foles in 2017). While in 2019 they did win 9 games and made the playoffs, they in all likelihood would have had a losing record if they were in any division other than the NFC Least. And obviously they were one of the worst teams in the league in 2020.
I said it would've been similar, maybe 2 first round picks and another later pick, a Day 2 pick or some such thing. That's less than Watson, but certainly much more than anything being discussed by anyone who isn't Howie Roseman. Also, the extent to which you can measure the value of a QB by the success of their team is limited IMO. Peyton Manning in a 4 year stretch was the starting QB of a 3-13 team and a 6-10 team, but I've heard he was a pretty great QB.