View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 04:46 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
It's odd to me that this is an issue with gun owners. In 8 years of Bill Clinton, your guns weren't taken away, with 8 years of Barak Obama, your guns werent taken away.

Lets look at the major gun legislation that democrats have been responsible for the brady bill (background checks) and the Assault weapons ban. Both were signed into law by Bill Clinton. The Brady law still exists, the assault weapons ban was allowed to lapse by Bush, and not renewed by Obama.

Start with Sandy Hook in 2012, pulse in 2016, the vegas bump stock shooting in 2017... there is 8 full years, four of which we had a democrat for president and no single gun control legislation has been passed.

Please educate me... Everyone was certain Clinton would take your guns away, everyone was certain Obama would take your guns away. What makes you so certain that Biden will take your guns away?

Full disclosure, I'm as liberal as they come, and own a handgun, it's actually a pretty decent Glock. I keep it in my house locked up, as it's my right to do so.
Honestly, I think it’s group think and a lack of exposure to other ideas. And really no one gives a shit if the average person owns a gun (only the most extreme people care, and well you can find those for any cause). People just want them out of the hands of the crazies. They want to know their kid is safe at school or wherever. I was in Vegas for that mass shooting and four of my cousins were at the actual concert. We lead the world in mass shootings, but yet we can’t even have a conversation about solutions without it devolving into “not gonna take my guns.”

But if we have a zombie apocalypse, we should be in pretty good shape.