View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 11:00 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,040 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Man those were some fucked up times- I remember going to games and 70% of the crowd, regardless of the opponent, were for them- including folks from Indy! Go to a Browns or Bills game, better be ready to get beat up by their fans. Dean Beasucci was a fucking star back then- he had like 85% of our points for a decade or so!
I was going to mention Dean Biasucci being the Colts best player but I didn't want to rant too much. Jack Trudeau at quarterback. The "Da Bears" guys on Saturday Night Live used to joke about the Colts. Five or six years...
I also remember the Pacers in the 80s. Before Reggie Miller. People would come to the elementary schools and give out free tickets. All you had to do was go to the main office and ask for them. "Can I have five Pacers tickets please?". Sure, here you go! I saw many a game at Market Square Arena in the Wayman Tisdale era. Pacers lost 85% of them but we kids had fun.
Times sure have changed but Indy sports fans should hope they never return to those days. Colts games were blacked out on TV most weeks. Five or six years...jeez
Racehorse (11-27-2019)