View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Accidental Administrator

Agree on the TY OPI, I think the league should be forced to publish their reviews, EG make a statement on Monday as to why they overturned or failed to overturn a play.

What did they see in the interception that looked like it hit the ground. What did they see in the TY call that confirmed it was pass interference?

I don't necessarily care that the call is overturned or not so, but there should be some level of transparency whereby these professionals can justify their actions. Doing so will be an opportunity for the refs to explain and inform to fans, coaches and players what their expectations are, and what they saw that was contrary to those expectations.

The networks started doing this with Mike Pereira, and the nfl is missing the boat by not making an official statement about the who, what, when and where of calls. Their Ivory Tower attitude is not doing them any favors.

So the refs hate that their discretion is review-able, why?

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-12-2019), Spike (10-11-2019)