View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 08:03 PM

Thanked 2,679 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post

Obviously, a lot has changed with the 2019 roster.
  • The coaching is significantly improved with a coach who is known to emphasize a player's strengths.
  • The OL is night and day better than it was (Luck was sacked only 18 times last year).
  • There are better, more dynamic playmakers at receiver, TE, and RB.
  • The defense is markedly better and should create more turnovers and keep the offense in better situations.

One other thing to remember about the 2017 season - JB had no training camp with the team.

He was traded to the Colts and then 8 days later was QB'ing in a regular season game (he relieved the infamous Scott Tolzien who had gone 9 for 18 for 128 yards with two Pick-6's over the first 3 quarters). I doubt Jacoby knew all of his teammates names, let alone the playbook.

I won't speculate on stats but I think Jacoby will be a bit inconsistent this season. There will be games that he puts up some awesome numbers (probably against AFC South opponents) - but he will have some clunkers as well.

Hopefully he has developed some chemistry / timing with his receiving corps during camp and preseason activities. And as stated, leans on his teammates because this 2019 team is a lot more talented than the 2017 team.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-26-2019), smitty46953 (08-26-2019), VeveJones007 (08-26-2019)