View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
At work we had this big project coming up. We had forecast a few quick million coming in the door by February. We still had some significant work to do to get it across the finish line, I was the Project Manager for it, had a bunch of developers and consultants doing some stuff.

This morning I went in and talked to the boss, told him I wasn't getting enough sleep, just didn't feel like I could keep doing it at the level he needed. I asked him if I could still get the $50K bonus that was supposed to make it to me at the end of the project. He said "F OFF", I have a bunch of other folks that are out there busting their asses trying to get this done, I will take that money and give more to them because now they will have to work harder. Get the F out of my office and don't let the door hit your ass."

That's fucking reality man. 12 quit on his team and for some reason people are all like, hey, he thought about doing the job, but he just felt like he couldn't, it's all cool to give him a dumptruck of cash.

I just don't understand this soft ass mentality at all. HE QUIT ON ALL OF US!
He didn't quit on you or me. He retired from competitive football, which is a cruel career. He's getting out now, and lets face it, this sport has killed some of those who loved it.

He didn't work for you. You got to enjoy his skill and ability to make big plays. I'm glad I got to see him live when he dove over the goal line against KC. Wow.

He doesn't owe anyone anything. I'm glad he's walking out while he can still walk.

He didn't run the other way at the battle of bull run. It's a game, not a war.