View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:40 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
That's the thing, he has the athleticism to play the position although he is a little undersized for my taste. The question is how he can adjust to the responsibilities of the MIKE. There will be an adjustment period, he won't rush out of the gate right away, they will ease him in slowly. What that article doesn't mention is what a LB actually does. Can he make all the reads at the pro level, how fast can he do it? Also the MIKE is often the leader of the D and sets the tone, gets people in the right place, etc. This is why I like Foster better, he has done it, he knows the position, has lead one of the best defenses ever, is extremely instinctive often blowing up plays before they can even get going. He will have a much greater head start on Reddick. Reddick in a few years may be more versatile and scary, but for right now he has to learn a new position. I think he would excel in a system like Seattle.

Reddick might be the pick, and it's possible that Bostic is to be a stop gap till Reddick gets going.
I still think Reddick ends up at EDGE most of the time. He's too good of a pass rusher to waste inside.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
sherck (04-21-2017)