ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts can win out and still miss playoffs (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174735)

bigalbert 12-29-2023 10:47 PM

Colts can win out and still miss playoffs

I wasn’t aware of this scenario but it would serve them right for that meltdown last week
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a Colts homer of 50 years strong, I wanna see an extra game no matter the outcome
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6723f4d119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowayColt 12-30-2023 01:14 AM

Buffalo plays N.E. and Miami. Miami will be tough.
Jags play (w/o Lawrence) Carolina and (w/ Lawrence) Tennessee. Tough to find a loss there.
Cincy plays K.C. and Cleveland. A couple chances to lose.

Colts And Orioles 12-30-2023 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowayColt (Post 288366)

Buffalo plays New England and Miami ...... Miami will be tough.

o

New England might be tough, also ...... they have won 2 out of their last 3 games, with both wins coming against teams fighting for a playoff berth (the Steelers, and the Broncos.)

o

Racehorse 12-30-2023 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 288367)
o

New England might be tough, also ...... they have won 2 out of their last 3 games, with both wins coming against teams fighting for a playoff berth (the Steelers, and the Broncos.)

o

One can hope, but NE is trash, and those two teams they beat are in a freefall right now.

CletusPyle 12-30-2023 11:38 AM

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we lose the next two...this is not a good football team!

DragonTails 12-30-2023 01:21 PM

Due to the ups and downs of the NFL (1 team coming off a big loss and 1 team coming off a big win), I see the Raiders getting their asses kicked Sunday.

And KC beats Cinny.

IndyNorm 12-30-2023 02:43 PM

The Jagoffs are in a free fall and the Bungles have 2 tough games (although the Browns could end up sitting everyone next week). Seriously doubt either of them win out.

Of course I'm not so sure we win out either........

Colts And Orioles 12-30-2023 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 288396)

The Jaguars are in a free-fall, and the Bengles have 2 tough games (although the Browns could end up sitting everyone next week ...... I seriously doubt that either of them win out.)

Of course, I'm not so sure we will win out, either ........

o

If the Colts play according to their typical form since the retirement of Andrew Luck, they will unexpectedly beat the Raiders, a team that just stymied Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. That will get our hopes up once again. Then, with a division title likely on the line, they will lose to the Texans and finish the season at 9-8 ...... not horrible, but far from satisfying after having won 4 straight games between November 5th and December 3rd.

I'm not asserting that that is necessarily what will happen ...... but if it does, it will be typical Colts-like play since the retirement of Andrew Luck.

o

omahacolt 12-30-2023 05:16 PM

i don't think we win out but this would be the most colts way to miss the playoffs.

IndyNorm 12-30-2023 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 288397)
o

If the Colts play according to their typical form since the retirement of Andrew Luck, they will unexpectedly beat the Raiders, a team that just stymied Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. That will get our hopes up once again. Then, with a division title likely on the line, they will lose to the Texans and finish the season at 9-8 ...... not horrible, but far from satisfying after having won 4 straight games between November 5th and December 3rd.

I'm not asserting that that is necessarily what will happen ...... but if it does, it will be typical Colts-like play since the retirement of Andrew Luck.

o

You're right. Beating LAV then losing to Hou in week 18 with a playoff spot on the line would very much be a Coltsesque thing to do.