ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would you trade Minshew... (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167538)

YDFL Commish 09-12-2023 04:47 PM

Would you trade Minshew...

to the Jets, and what would you're asking price be? The way I look at it, with that roster, I think they could win with Minshew.

Plus if AR goes down we're fucked anyway. Probably go from a 5 win team to a 2 win team.

CletusPyle 09-12-2023 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 274332)
to the Jets, and what would you're asking price be? The way I look at it, with that roster, I think they could win with Minshew.

Plus if AR goes down we're fucked anyway. Probably go from a 5 win team to a 2 win team.

I was thinking the same thing, not sure what the Jets would have to offer?

ChoppedWood 09-12-2023 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 274332)

1st is what they are talking about for a guy like Kyler Murray. Hell yeah I'd take a 1st for him.

Then you can accept a 2nd for JT.

2 1sts and 2 2nds and we're ready to explode 2 years from now.

Racehorse 09-12-2023 05:31 PM

Interesting question. If not for the fact we have no real experience at QB to mentor AR on the sidelines, I would be in favor. well, that and the fact it would leave us with Sam if AR got really hurt.

Hoopsdoc 09-12-2023 05:32 PM

I mean, if they offer a 1st or even a 2nd you take it and run.

But that’s not gonna happen absent some kind of previous connection on the Jets coaching staff that I’m unaware of.

JAFF 09-12-2023 05:35 PM

No.

They are building for the long term.

YDFL Commish 09-12-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 274343)
No.

They are building for the long term.

So you're saying Minshew is part of the future?

JAFF 09-12-2023 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 274346)
So you're saying Minshew is part of the future?

Having a mentor, someone who has experience for a young QB who has limited time under center makes sense. The Jets arent giving up a 1st or second round pick for Minschew. They will need it for next year.

IndyNorm 09-12-2023 07:09 PM

The thought crossed my mind as well. Doubt the Jets would give up anything more than a day 3 draft pick for Minshew, so makes sense to keep him here as AR's mentor.

JAFF 09-12-2023 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 274358)
The thought crossed my mind as well. Doubt the Jets would give up anything more than a day 3 draft pick for Minshew, so makes sense to keep him here as AR's mentor.

Trading Minshew doesnt make the team better. AR got banged around and he didnt finish the game, they may need him if AR misses some time. Tells the D they are going to be competitive