ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Quick thoughts after loss to bucs (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134446)

rcubed 11-28-2021 11:44 PM

Quick thoughts after loss to bucs

1. Dont turn the damn ball over.

apballin 11-29-2021 12:00 AM

Catch the fucking ball Pittman

Don’t field a punt if your on the run inside the 20 Hines

You had a pick 6 Rock goddamit

Taylor your still the real MVP

YDFL Commish 11-29-2021 12:20 AM

Reich and Wentz are not the problem.

Everybody would like to have some plays back or even a series back, but when you put up 31 pts its hard blame the QB or the play caller.

Turnovers and the refs calling a consistent game were the problem. The Brady's get the dpi's but we don't on essentially identical plays.

Yeah...I might have started to get the running game going earlier than we did (by earlier I mean a series or so). But a a good play caller is not going to stop doing what's working.

We are a very young team still learning how to win...we took SB CHAMPS to the brink while learning how to do so.

This game wasn't our most important, at the end of the day, we win all of or AFC games and we are in the playoffs.

Discflinger 11-29-2021 12:26 AM

We run the season out.

Butter 11-29-2021 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 213765)
Reich and Wentz are not the problem.

Reich is a part of the problem, not feeding Taylor the entire 3rd is dumb.

Discflinger 11-29-2021 12:42 AM

He’s also part of the solution.

Kray007 11-29-2021 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 213767)

They had a bunch of RPO’s called, but Tampa was selling out to stop Taylor.

Also, it’s not like the passing game wasn’t moving the ball. On the first drive, they moved it to the 20, and the second drive ended with the int on the Tampa 5.

Spike 11-29-2021 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 213767)

I got a little pissed off when commenting in the game day thread. I was irritated that we went away from what we do best.

I like Reich, I don't think he should be fired first of all. The players appear to like him as well. But sometimes he gets a little too "cute or clever" with his play calling. This Colts team wins or loses with JT, that's who they are, that's their DNA, kinda like the Titans with Henry. The Titans got destroyed by the Patsies today, mainly because Henry was MIA. Hell, Tannehill isn't that damn good of a QB, Wentz is miles better. I have said this since day one, I like Wentz. Give him a little time to throw and he will pick your ass apart.

Having calmed down a bit now, turnovers and the refs kissing Brady's ass killed us. Hines can be a dumbass at times. And what the fuck was up with Pittman?

The bottom line is that the Colts should have won this game. One of the most disappointing losses in my opinion because we had that cheater Brady beat and a win would have really enhanced our chances of making the playoffs.

Think about this, we have now lost to the Titans and Ravens in OT, and by the smallest of margins to the Rams and Bucs. This is a damn good football team, but for some fucking reason we are snake bitten. I'm not giving up on this season, but watch the fuck out next season. I really believe next season we will see a return of Colts/Pats playoff run and the rest of the AFC will be watching us.

A side note, Wentz will be in the running for MVP next year.

daedge 11-29-2021 05:27 AM

There definitely has to be some context to the 26 straight passing plays, including the fact that included the two minute drill.

That said, I've seen some defending Reich for abandoning the run, pointing to the running stats in the first quarter. However, my argument is the Colts needed to keep the Bucs honest with a few runs. After all, you have the best back in the league, one who gashed the Bills when they loaded the box a week earlier.

Instead, Reich got tunnel vision, allowing the Bucs pass rushers to tee off again and again and again. What a surprise, Wentz got sacked and fumbled, and the Colts went from potentially leading 31-14 to trailing 31-24 in no time. It was game changing stuff.

Two more things.

1. I'd be happy if the Colts never threw another ball in the direction of Pascal again.
2. I'd love to see Wentz stop under-throwing his receivers. Even the last ditch prayer was under-cooked and didn't reach the end zone.

Racehorse 11-29-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daedge (Post 213773)
There definitely has to be some context to the 26 straight passing plays, including the fact that included the two minute drill.

That said, I've seen some defending Reich for abandoning the run, pointing to the running stats in the first quarter. However, my argument is the Colts needed to keep the Bucs honest with a few runs. After all, you have the best back in the league, one who gashed the Bills when they loaded the box a week earlier.

Instead, Reich got tunnel vision, allowing the Bucs pass rushers to tee off again and again and again. What a surprise, Wentz got sacked and fumbled, and the Colts went from potentially leading 31-14 to trailing 31-24 in no time. It was game changing stuff.

Two more things.

1. I'd be happy if the Colts never threw another ball in the direction of Pascal again.
2. I'd love to see Wentz stop under-throwing his receivers. Even the last ditch prayer was under-cooked and didn't reach the end zone.

Regarding #2, he hit Dulin in stride, and also Doyle. I wonder if it was underthrown because he didn't set his feet before throwing. I know it isn't arm strength.