ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Head Coaching Search (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31733)

sherck 01-31-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 53814)
2014 and 2015 for the Cheats, just for clarification.

Woops, you are correct, sir.

Corrected in the original post.

Walk Worthy,

FatDT 01-31-2018 12:54 PM

A few points on the new OL coach, pointed out by Stampede Blue posters.

In 2015 he had to utilize 15 different starting lineups because of injury.

3 rookies started more than 10 games in 2015.

Two offensive linemen from that 2015 squad were out of the league after that year.

I'm not that confident in the guy. But I will hope for the best and then bitch about how he sucks if he does poorly.

1965southpaw 01-31-2018 01:24 PM

Don't know if we know what kind of contract he was signed to but giving Ballard the benefit of the doubt he has shown a penchant for signing JAGs to modest short term contracts and if this is the case it my be brilliant. You give McD someone who can quickly get our line ready for the new JMcD offensive scheme due to his knowledge of Josh's "system" but if he doesn't perform well you cut his ass (accountability is a beautiful thing) and upgrade in a year or two. Do we know anything about his contract?

Coltsalr 01-31-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 53822)
Woops, you are correct, sir.

Corrected in the original post.

Walk Worthy,

I’m an expert on all things Patriots, as everyone here is quick to remind me.

rcubed 01-31-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 53845)
Don't know if we know what kind of contract he was signed to but giving Ballard the benefit of the doubt he has shown a penchant for signing JAGs to modest short term contracts and if this is the case it my be brilliant. You give McD someone who can quickly get our line ready for the new JMcD offensive scheme due to his knowledge of Josh's "system" but if he doesn't perform well you cut his ass (accountability is a beautiful thing) and upgrade in a year or two. Do we know anything about his contract?

Sure. but honestly I am not worried about an OL coach's contract deterring us in the future.

1965southpaw 01-31-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 53847)
Sure. but honestly I am not worried about an OL coach's contract deterring us in the future.

true enough but Irsay is already blowing a lot of green on ex-coach/gm contracts....think of all the pristine guitars he could buy instead.

sherck 01-31-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 53847)

Coaches pay is outside the salary cap so teams are not required to report it tot he public.

But, my guess is that almost no one outside of Head Coaches get any type of signing bonus/guaranteed money in their contracts. Position coaches? Yeah, they are pretty much flat up money that if the team cuts you, oh well.

Not an issue with anyone lower than HC and PERHAPS a coordinator but doubtful even then.

Walk Worthy,

Butter 01-31-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 53857)
Coaches pay is outside the salary cap so teams are not required to report it tot he public.

But, my guess is that almost no one outside of Head Coaches get any type of signing bonus/guaranteed money in their contracts. Position coaches? Yeah, they are pretty much flat up money that if the team cuts you, oh well.

Not an issue with anyone lower than HC and PERHAPS a coordinator but doubtful even then.

Walk Worthy,

I would guess many OC/DC and some position coaches have some guaranteed money, doubt it is deal breaking.

rcubed 02-02-2018 01:02 PM

so when will they announce the worst kept secret?

monday? tuesday?

Racehorse 02-02-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 54053)
so when will they announce the worst kept secret?

monday? tuesday?

Monday, most likely. However, with how we got rid of Pagano, it could be during the trophy presentation Sunday night.