ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Baldy's Breakdowns - Colts / Kansas City (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84581)

Chaka 10-14-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 137157)
o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the Jets' upset win over the Cowboys this afternoon was as surprising and unexpected as was the Colts' upset win over the Chiefs last week ........ neither team was given much of a chance to keep their respective games close, let alone actually win them.

o

Believe it or not, the Colts were bigger underdogs against the Chiefs (10.5 point dogs) than the Jets were to the Cowboys (7 point dogs), so in that sense our win is even more impressive.

HoosierinFL 10-14-2019 11:04 AM

Did anyone else realize there's like 6 former colts players on the jets, mostly on D?
Henry Anderson
Tarell Basham
Nate Hairston
Matthias Farley
Arthur Maulet

and on offense, back up center
Jonotthan Harrison

YDFL Commish 10-14-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 137198)
Did anyone else realize there's like 6 former colts players on the jets, mostly on D?
Henry Anderson
Tarell Basham
Nate Hairston
Matthias Farley
Arthur Maulet

Jonotthan Harrison

Is Grigson working for them? ;)

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 10-14-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 137198)
Henry Anderson
Tarell Basham
Nate Hairston
Matthias Farley
Arthur Maulet

Jonotthan Harrison

I have called them Colts East a few times.

Ballard hired Rex Hogan away from the Jets when he was setting up his Colts front office / organization. Hogan has since departed the Colts and returned to the NY Jets organization for a higher position of Assistant General Manager (basically the Jets 2nd in command in their front office). So Hogan has a very good knowledge of current and former Colts players and how they could fit in their locker room.

Colts And Orioles 10-14-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 137157)
o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the Jets' upset win over the Cowboys this afternoon was as surprising and unexpected as was the Colts' upset win over the Chiefs last week ........ neither team was given much of a chance to keep their respective games close, let alone actually win them.

o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 137193)

Believe it or not, the Colts were bigger underdogs against the Chiefs (10.5 point dogs) than the Jets were to the Cowboys (7 point dogs), so in that sense our win is even more impressive.

o

I believe it.

I don't necessarily agree that the Colts' win was more impressive and/or more surprising because of the fact that the odds-makers said so. The Colts had at least played some pretty good football in 3 out of their previous 4 games against the Chargers, the Titans, and the Falcons, whereas the Jets were a complete mess in all of their previous games prior to their win over the Cowboys, with the exception of their season opener against the Bills ........ and it appears to be no coincidence that those are the only 2 games in which Sam Darnold played in.

o