ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Offensive line (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167943)

Oldcolt 09-18-2023 11:42 AM

Offensive line

Two weeks in and so far I am happy to eat some crow. Fries has held his own, looks like Ballard got us a very good LT in the third round and I couldn't see any fall off when French took over at center. Nelson isn't worth 18-20 million but as a whole they are playing much better than I thought they would.

Hoopsdoc 09-18-2023 01:53 PM

It’s amazing what a difference a guy like AR makes to an offensive line. Or even Minshew.

It’s crazy how immobile Ryan was.

JAFF 09-18-2023 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 275073)
Two weeks in and so far I am happy to eat some crow. Fries has held his own, looks like Ballard got us a very good LT in the third round and I couldn't see any fall off when French took over at center. Nelson isn't worth 18-20 million but as a whole they are playing much better than I thought they would.

Hes playing on an injured big toe, so give him a bit of a break. As a college kid I worked at a truck stop, busting tires. If I wasnt wearing my steel toed boots I would be missing my left big toe. It was a month before I could bump ,my toe and not have my eyes water.

albany ed 09-18-2023 02:45 PM

We still have no depth and to think that every OL has to expect some games missed due to injury we are woefully thin in that respect.

Oldcolt 09-18-2023 03:07 PM

Our third string center held his own. It was against backups so there is that but he still did fine.

omahacolt 09-18-2023 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 275089)
It’s amazing what a difference a guy like AR makes to an offensive line. Or even Minshew.

It’s crazy how immobile Ryan was.

i have a feeling coaching is a huge plus in the offensive line performance

Chromeburn 09-18-2023 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 275096)
We still have no depth and to think that every OL has to expect some games missed due to injury we are woefully thin in that respect.

It's a league-wide problem, Colts aren't special in this regard.

JAFF 09-18-2023 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 275119)
It's a league-wide problem, Colts aren't special in this regard.

Its free agency too. You get some depth and two years they are R FA

Oldcolt 09-18-2023 06:56 PM

I used to think that we had no depth. Then I watch French play ok. Now I am thinking we have no proven depth. I have a sliver of hope that maybe with coaching (Steichen made a point of saying how well this line was communicating) I am proved wrong. Maybe Ballard has found his coach that can take these raw athletes and make them into players. Maybe.

ukcolt 09-19-2023 06:23 AM

I have been really impressed with Raimann in the first two games. Actually the whole line in terms of pass protection has been pretty good. The run game was less than great in week 1 but was pretty decent this week.