ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Colts' Defense, 2018 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52460)

Chaka 12-18-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 99048)
We have also played a lot of complete shit offenses

Edit: should have kept reading. Chuck had this point handled

Agree that's got to be considered, but did you take a look at the Football Outsiders link I posted yesterday regarding their opponent-adjusted defensive rankings? They still had the Colts at 11, even before the Dallas game, but again you'd have to buy into their methodology.

omahacolt 12-18-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 99106)
Agree that's got to be considered, but did you take a look at the Football Outsiders link I posted yesterday regarding their opponent-adjusted defensive rankings? They still had the Colts at 11, even before the Dallas game, but again you'd have to buy into their methodology.

No. I didn’t

Colts And Orioles 12-23-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 88768)
o

(vs. RAIDERS, 10/28)

In my rat's ass of an opinion, this was the worst game of the season for the Colts' defense.

Even in the game against the Patriots, they played with more cohesion than they did today ........ they were instrumental in turning a potential 24-3 laugher at halftime into a competitive 24-17 game early in the 4th quarter by getting 3 consecutive stops against Tom Brady and company (including 1 INT.)

The defense today was extreme in all 7 Raiders drives while the outcome of the game was still in doubt.

On those 7 possession, the Raiders had:

4 TD's

2 Three-and-Outs

1 Fumble Recovery

The Raiders did have an 8th possession, but the Colts had a 14-point lead with just over 2 minutes left to play at that point. The Raiders got a couple of 1st downs against a Colts defense that was playing conservatively before turning the ball over on downs near midfield.

o

o

2 MONTHS LATER (vs. GIANTS, 12/23)

The Colts had a similarly bad defensive game today, just as they did against the Raiders in October.

Also similar to that Raiders game from 2 months ago, they were able to get 3 key stops on the Giants' final 3 possessions of the game ........ the first was when they held them to a field goal to keep it a one-possession game at 27-21, the second was when they made the Giants go 3-and-out when they had them pinned deep in their own territory, and the 3rd culminated in the game-winning INT by Malik Hooker.

o

Colts And Orioles 12-31-2018 12:30 AM

o

(vs. TITANS, 12/30)

The team needed the defense to have a good game, and they did.

7 out of the 17 points that the Titans scored tonight came against the Colts' offense.

11 TITANS POSSESSIONS

6 Punts

2 INT's

1 Turnover on Downs

1 TD

1 FG

o

Colts And Orioles 01-05-2019 08:43 PM

o

vs. TEXANS, 1/05 )) (Wildcard Playoff Game)

The Colts' defense had one of their best games of the season.

9 TEXANS POSSESSIONS

5 Punts

2 Turnover on Downs

1 INT

1 TD

o

Thorgrim 01-05-2019 08:46 PM

Awesome game against a Houston offense that was extremely healthy.

Luck4Reich 01-05-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 104010)
Awesome game against a Houston offense that was extremely healthy.

To hear the excuses from the announcers you wouldn’t have thought so lol

rm1369 01-05-2019 08:53 PM

I haven’t been a big believer in this D and I still have doubts about their ability against a good offense, but they sure as hell keep proving me wrong. Holding any NFL offense to 7 points, especially on the road in the playoffs, is damn good. Hopefully they keep proving me wrong.

Racehorse 01-05-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 104011)
To hear the excuses from the announcers you wouldn’t have thought so lol

I guarantee you Hopkins was healthier than TY

rm1369 01-05-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 104035)
I guarantee you Hopkins was healthier than TY

I’d agree with that. Losing Demaryius Thomas definitely hurt them, but by far their biggest issue offensively was Watson’s inaccuracy. He missed a lot of throws a good NFL QB just has to make.