ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Colts Rain on Texas Parade, 2 Consecutive Weeks (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62490)

Colts And Orioles 12-16-2018 05:19 PM

The Colts Rain on Texas Parade, 2 Consecutive Weeks

o

In 2 consecutive games, the Colts beat 2 Texas teams ........ both times, they prevented those teams from winning their respective division titles.

A loss by the Colts last week would have given the Texans the AFC South, and a loss today would have given the Cowboys the NFC East.

o

NJColtsFan 12-16-2018 05:31 PM

Not necessarily hoping the Patriots win. Definitely hoping the Steelers lose.

Colts And Orioles 12-16-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 98636)
o

In 2 consecutive game, the Colts beat 2 Texas teams ........ both times, they prevented those teams from winning their respective division titles.

A loss by the Colts last week would have given the Texans the AFC South, and a loss today would have given the Cowboys the NFC East.

o

o

Also, that's the first time that the Cowboys have been shut out since 2003.

The Quincy Carter-led Cowboys were blanked by the Patriots back then, by a score of 12-0.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/...2003-11-dal-ne

In both games, Adam Vinatieri was the opposing kicker.

SOURCE: ) Todd Archer, ESPN Sportswriter

o

southside asshole 12-16-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJColtsFan (Post 98661)
Not necessarily hoping the Patriots win. Definitely hoping the Steelers lose.

When the Pats play the Steelers, I find myself wishing there was a way they both could lose.

Racehorse 12-16-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southside asshole (Post 98729)
When the Pats play the Steelers, I find myself wishing there was a way they both could lose.

I guess the nice thing is that the Cheats lost today and the Steelers can lose next week against NO.

JAFF 12-16-2018 08:38 PM

It doesn’t matter what other teams do the colts can only do one thing and win out everything else is outside their control

Colts And Orioles 12-16-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 98773)

It doesn’t matter what other teams do, the Colts can only do one thing and win out everything else is outside their control

o

It DOES matter what other teams do.

If the Colts were sitting pretty atop the division with a record of 10-4, then yes, it wouldn't matter what everyone else did as long as they took care of business against the Giants and the Titans in their final 2 games ........ they're not sitting pretty atop the division. They are at 8-6 overall, and they need help from at least one of the 4 remaining opponents of the Steelers and the Ravens and/or both of the Texans' final 2 opponents in order to qualify for the postseason.

o

Puck 12-16-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 98773)
It doesn’t matter what other teams do the colts can only do one thing and win out everything else is outside their control

:rolleyes:

It most certainly does matter what other teams do. Yes its outside their control, but I bet they were rooting for the pats and they'll be rooting for the Saints next week.

JAFF 12-16-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 98775)

It most certainly does matter what other teams do. Yes its outside their control, but I bet they were rooting for the pats and they'll be rooting for the Saints next week.

Thats fine. I will never root for the pats. Never.

omahacolt 12-16-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 98775)

True

But I’m not pulling for the pats to win anything