ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jordan Love Declaring for the Draft (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91291)

Chromeburn 12-11-2019 02:39 PM

Jordan Love Declaring for the Draft

https://twitter.com/jordan3love/stat...69172757352449

Colt fans seem to think he is Ballard's guy.

YDFL Commish 12-11-2019 08:10 PM

I haven't looked into him enough. But, so far, I'm not seeing a definitive upgrade over Brissett.

indycolts2 12-11-2019 08:24 PM

Colts Twitter thinks he is the 2nd coming of Patrick Mahomes. Not many of us myself included are experts when watching tape but in my amateur opinion the tape of Chad Kelly against SEC opponents particularly Alabama/Georgia is as impressive if not more than watching Jordan Love against Mountain West competition. NFL arm talent as well as the ability to extend plays...with much more athleticism than Brissett. If Ballard were to want to move on from Brissett there is no reason he should not contemplate at least including Chad Kelly in the competition. Particularly with how cheap his contract would be compared to a fairly high draft choice. Colts Twitter seems to think a gunslinger mentality willing to take chances and accept mistakes will be made is what Colts need rather than the conservative nature of Brissett as well as the conservative play calling Brissett seems to force Reich into. Want a gunslinger...ya already got him. I don't see Ballard putting up draft capital to actually move up in the draft, If he really likes someone and thinks they will fall to Colts he may take that gamble.

One other thing to consider about Jordan Love...Colts Twitter likes to excuse his performance this year to missing pieces from last year...coaching and weapons. Apparently then he is as good at making second tier players better as Brissett is.

HoosierinFL 12-12-2019 09:09 AM

I’ve seen some mocks having us take Justin Herbert. I’d take him before Love and all those interceptions. But I’m also real curious to see more of Kelly.

Chromeburn 12-12-2019 11:00 AM

The Mahomes comparisons are ridiculous. And Mahomes is protected a great deal by the mind of Andy Reed. Without Reed’s voice in his ear, he is not nearly as astute every down.

Still Love has the physical tools and Ballard loves those freak athletes.

This fan base builds itself up so much every year over certain players. Especially underdogs and low draft picks.

Discflinger 12-12-2019 01:16 PM

Excluding Freaks, the Colts kind of do have one of the dumbest fan bases in the NFL.

rcubed 12-12-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 147436)
Excluding Freaks, the Colts kind of do have one of the dumbest fan bases in the NFL.

well...maybe not exclude all the freaks.

Racehorse 12-12-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 147445)
well...maybe not exclude all the freaks.

I can think of two

Chromeburn 12-12-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 147436)

They seem kinda gullible don’t they. Someone puts out some buzz and it snowballs into the greatest thing ever.

CanuckColt 12-12-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 147409)
I’ve seen some mocks having us take Justin Herbert. I’d take him before Love and all those interceptions. But I’m also real curious to see more of Kelly.

We will never get Herbert to fall to us...we will have to move up.
Love is just a raw version of Brissett who will need development years.
I too want to see Kelly play...and not just 1/2 of the final game.
Kelly should be allowed to compete with Brissett on an even footing...not much doubt that Kelly would beat out Jacoby.