ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jordan Love Declaring for the Draft (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91291)

Chromeburn 12-11-2019 02:39 PM

Jordan Love Declaring for the Draft

https://twitter.com/jordan3love/stat...69172757352449

Colt fans seem to think he is Ballard's guy.

YDFL Commish 12-11-2019 08:10 PM

I haven't looked into him enough. But, so far, I'm not seeing a definitive upgrade over Brissett.

indycolts2 12-11-2019 08:24 PM

Colts Twitter thinks he is the 2nd coming of Patrick Mahomes. Not many of us myself included are experts when watching tape but in my amateur opinion the tape of Chad Kelly against SEC opponents particularly Alabama/Georgia is as impressive if not more than watching Jordan Love against Mountain West competition. NFL arm talent as well as the ability to extend plays...with much more athleticism than Brissett. If Ballard were to want to move on from Brissett there is no reason he should not contemplate at least including Chad Kelly in the competition. Particularly with how cheap his contract would be compared to a fairly high draft choice. Colts Twitter seems to think a gunslinger mentality willing to take chances and accept mistakes will be made is what Colts need rather than the conservative nature of Brissett as well as the conservative play calling Brissett seems to force Reich into. Want a gunslinger...ya already got him. I don't see Ballard putting up draft capital to actually move up in the draft, If he really likes someone and thinks they will fall to Colts he may take that gamble.

One other thing to consider about Jordan Love...Colts Twitter likes to excuse his performance this year to missing pieces from last year...coaching and weapons. Apparently then he is as good at making second tier players better as Brissett is.

HoosierinFL 12-12-2019 09:09 AM

I’ve seen some mocks having us take Justin Herbert. I’d take him before Love and all those interceptions. But I’m also real curious to see more of Kelly.

Chromeburn 12-12-2019 11:00 AM

The Mahomes comparisons are ridiculous. And Mahomes is protected a great deal by the mind of Andy Reed. Without Reed’s voice in his ear, he is not nearly as astute every down.

Still Love has the physical tools and Ballard loves those freak athletes.

This fan base builds itself up so much every year over certain players. Especially underdogs and low draft picks.

Discflinger 12-12-2019 01:16 PM

Excluding Freaks, the Colts kind of do have one of the dumbest fan bases in the NFL.

rcubed 12-12-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 147436)
Excluding Freaks, the Colts kind of do have one of the dumbest fan bases in the NFL.

well...maybe not exclude all the freaks.

Racehorse 12-12-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 147445)
well...maybe not exclude all the freaks.

I can think of two

Chromeburn 12-12-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 147436)

They seem kinda gullible don’t they. Someone puts out some buzz and it snowballs into the greatest thing ever.

CanuckColt 12-12-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 147409)
I’ve seen some mocks having us take Justin Herbert. I’d take him before Love and all those interceptions. But I’m also real curious to see more of Kelly.

We will never get Herbert to fall to us...we will have to move up.
Love is just a raw version of Brissett who will need development years.
I too want to see Kelly play...and not just 1/2 of the final game.
Kelly should be allowed to compete with Brissett on an even footing...not much doubt that Kelly would beat out Jacoby.

smitty46953 12-12-2019 09:22 PM

Personally, I hope all the hype about Ballard's love of this Jordon Love kid is nothing but "Smoke -n- Mirrors"..

60.6% Completion Percentage, 17 TD, 16 Interceptions, 257 yards per game

Yes, he endured a coaching change and lost his weapons. He has some skills but gets flustered with slightest hint of QB pressure. Hurries throws, throws of wrong foot, makes bad decisions, I am not a fan. :cool:

Spike 12-12-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 147508)
Personally, I hope all the hype about Ballard's love of this Jordon Love kid is nothing but "Smoke -n- Mirrors"..

Yes, he endured a coaching change and lost his weapons. He has some skills but gets flustered with slightest hint of QB pressure. Hurries throws, throws of wrong foot, makes bad decisions, I am not a fan. :cool:

Yep, I have seen him a few times and I'm not a fan either. The only QB that stands out to me in this draft is Burrow. Tua scares me some because of his injuries.

Discflinger 12-13-2019 01:50 AM

Let’s hope he and his room is smarter than we. That’s why Irsay is paying them, right?

Discflinger 12-13-2019 01:56 AM

Dude! Just fucking look at me! This actually is me!

Chromeburn 12-13-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 147508)

So a couple of things why people seem to like him. He has excellent arm strength and can make every NFL throw with ease. He had a much better Junior year where he threw up great numbers before losing his weapons and the offense change. He manages the huddle and offense well. He is familiar with the RPO and has been using it in his offense. So there are some reasons why people like him. He must have received a first round grade from the committee to declare.

Oldcolt 12-13-2019 11:52 AM

So he lost his weapons and didn't do as well. That remind you of another qb already on the team? I doubt we draft a qb in the first unless he is the best player available. Ballard has a philosophy and sticks to it. With the right team around him I think Ballard/Reich still think we can win with Jacoby.

Spike 12-13-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 147557)
So he lost his weapons and didn't do as well. That remind you of another qb already on the team? I doubt we draft a qb in the first unless he is the best player available. Ballard has a philosophy and sticks to it. With the right team around him I think Ballard/Reich still think we can win with Jacoby.

No way we are winning with JB. He fucking sucks.

Oldcolt 12-13-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 147566)
No way we are winning with JB. He fucking sucks.

While that very well may be true, I don't see any indication, so far anyway, that Ballard/Reich think that. Maybe once we are bumped from the playoffs they will give Chad a chance and that would signal their displeasure with Brissett. I just don't see it yet. Brissett is who we all thought he was. He needs play makers around him and has lost all of his receiving corps due to injury. He has lost what mobility he had due to his knee injury. I'm not making excuses but I never thought he was the kind of player who could elevate a team by himself. From what Ballard has said, I don't think that is what he believes you absolutely need to compete. How many of those players exist in this league? Maybe a handful. I hope I am wrong but I believe Brissett will be the starter next year.

Chromeburn 12-13-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 147567)
While that very well may be true, I don't see any indication, so far anyway, that Ballard/Reich think that. Maybe once we are bumped from the playoffs they will give Chad a chance and that would signal their displeasure with Brissett. I just don't see it yet. Brissett is who we all thought he was. He needs play makers around him and has lost all of his receiving corps due to injury. He has lost what mobility he had due to his knee injury. I'm not making excuses but I never thought he was the kind of player who could elevate a team by himself. From what Ballard has said, I don't think that is what he believes you absolutely need to compete. How many of those players exist in this league? Maybe a handful. I hope I am wrong but I believe Brissett will be the starter next year.

He probably will be the starter. But the Colts are one of the few teams in the league who wasn’t investing a pick in a QB every year or every couple years. I’m sorry to say though, with weapons, without weapons, JB doesn’t pull the trigger on necessary throws. He is hesitant or doesn’t see the throw. That’s kinda at the core of a QB. People keep making excuses for him, but he was like this at the beginning of the season, and the last season he started. If we had a lesser oline he would be getting sacked a lot. I just don’t see him changing who he is, that is a game manager who probably won’t lose the game for you. But he isn’t going to win the game for you either. And in this league you need something more dynamic at the QB spot.

And if you want to take a franchise QB, statistically they overwhelmingly go in the first round.

Oldcolt 12-13-2019 05:38 PM

I agree with you Chromeburn. I'm just not sure Ballard does. We will see.

VeveJones007 12-13-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 147616)
I agree with you Chromeburn. I'm just not sure Ballard does. We will see.

It’s really hard for me to imagine Ballard seeing the film on the last four games and not coming to the conclusion that he needs to find a better long-term option.

We know he wanted to leave that door open by extending Brissett for one season.

smitty46953 12-13-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 147551)
So a couple of things why people seem to like him. He has excellent arm strength and can make every NFL throw with ease. He had a much better Junior year where he threw up great numbers before losing his weapons and the offense change. He manages the huddle and offense well. He is familiar with the RPO and has been using it in his offense. So there are some reasons why people like him. He must have received a first round grade from the committee to declare.

Hope it's someone blowing smoke up his ass, watch his last 3 or 4 games. Love might conquer all but not in this case. :rolleyes:

Chromeburn 12-14-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 147644)
Hope it's someone blowing smoke up his ass, watch his last 3 or 4 games. Love might conquer all but not in this case. :rolleyes:

I’ve seen him a couple times already. He made some bad decisions when I watched him. Mechanics and arm strength seemed good. When he played LSU you could tell he had a much stronger arm compared to burrow. But I don’t know, I think he should go back for another year. He must have gotten a good review from the board.

Brylok 12-14-2019 03:35 AM

My biggest fear for the Colts is QB purgatory. I know Brisket isn't the answer. Hoyer might be a good mentor, but if he plays, we'll most likely lose. Chad Kelly is a complete unknown against regular starters. Utah State isn't inspiring, but at least Love isn't from Utah. He's from California. I am not encouraged by the apparent interest in him, but it is not up to me. I do know that interest in the Colts and fan attendance will take a significant hit without some hope at the quarterback position. God help us.

njcoltfan 12-14-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 147652)
My biggest fear for the Colts is QB purgatory. I know Brisket isn't the answer. Hoyer might be a good mentor, but if he plays, we'll most likely lose. Chad Kelly is a complete unknown against regular starters. Utah State isn't inspiring, but at least Love isn't from Utah. He's from California. I am not encouraged by the apparent interest in him, but it is not up to me. I do know that interest in the Colts and fan attendance will take a significant hit without some hope at the quarterback position. God help us.

We as Colt fans could be in for some long years in purgatory, I can see a lot of less than stellar years ahead.

JAFF 12-14-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 147652)
Utah State isn't inspiring, but at least Love isn't from Utah. He's from California. .

What's the problem with Utah? Can the kid play?

Spike 12-14-2019 11:39 AM

Saw one mock draft having us take Jacob Eason from Washington. He is a projected 1st to 2nd rounder in most mock drafts. Most of these QB's are just meh to me though.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020QB.php

rm1369 12-14-2019 11:47 AM

Any of the analysts here have an opinion on which of the top QB’s skill set matches up best with Reich’s offense?

apballin 12-14-2019 12:23 PM

I don’t watch college so I have no idea, but I’d still like to see Brissett fully healthy with all his weapons because the knee injury has affected him imo

Chromeburn 12-14-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 147661)
Any of the analysts here have an opinion on which of the top QB’s skill set matches up best with Reich’s offense?

https://nflmocks.com/2019/12/12/2020...perfect-match/

YDFL Commish 12-14-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 147661)

Nope...but if we want to have a Lamar Jackson type effect in the league, then I'm taking Jalen Hurts in the 2nd rd all day long.

Also I'm taking his teammate Cee Dee Lamb in the 1st rd.

smitty46953 12-14-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 147682)
Nope...but if we want to have a Lamar Jackson type effect in the league, then I'm taking Jalen Hurts in the 2nd rd all day long.

Also I'm taking his teammate Cee Dee Lamb in the 1st rd.

I agree, great scenario if available. Lamb may be gone, the kid is the real deal. :cool:

omahacolt 12-15-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 147664)
I don’t watch college so I have no idea, but I’d still like to see Brissett fully healthy with all his weapons because the knee injury has affected him imo

Of course you would. You are a moron and are literally always wrong

omahacolt 12-15-2019 04:50 PM

I like Love so far. I don’t really like stat scouting a small school qb. So just shooting off his stats this year is pointless to me. He has all the tools you could want other than maybe a thicker physique. Not talking about his girth, dam, so calm down.

If Ballard and Reich believe they can fit him into the offense then I believe you taken him and don’t look back.

Dewey 5 12-15-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 147771)
I like Love so far. I don’t really like stat scouting a small school qb. So just shooting off his stats this year is pointless to me. He has all the tools you could want other than maybe a thicker physique. Not talking about his girth, dam, so calm down.

If Ballard and Reich believe they can fit him into the offense then I believe you taken him and don’t look back.

Exactly.

Brylok 12-15-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 147655)
What's the problem with Utah? Can the kid play?

They don't play anybody and weirdo Mormons run everything in the state. There are several documentaries about it, TV shows, films, etc.

omahacolt 12-15-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 147859)
They don't play anybody and weirdo Mormons run everything in the state. There are several documentaries about it, TV shows, films, etc.

It’s Jaff. You are going to have to draw him a picture

smitty46953 12-17-2019 04:38 PM

FYI

Jordan Love charged with marijuana possession :cool:

https://fox13now.com/2019/12/17/jord...na-possession/

Brylok 12-17-2019 04:47 PM

Charged with marijuana possession?

Like I said, Utah...

Chromeburn 12-17-2019 05:24 PM

Should have gone to Colorado. In a couple years this won't even be a thing anymore.