ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NFL.com Power Ranking (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67177)

sherck 02-07-2019 08:25 AM

NFL.com Power Ranking

Located on their site here.

What a difference a season makes!

Quote:

RANK 5. COLTS (11-7)

Looking back on the 2018 season, no team -- no organization -- reinvented itself more than Indianapolis. General manager Chris Ballard deserved to win Executive of the Year. ( Which he did.) Frank Reich deserved to win Coach of the Year. ( Which he didn't.) Throw in a rookie draft class that contributed right away, and this team has the makings of an AFC superpower. Because the Colts were full of kids and no-name contributors in 2018, they're in great shape, cap-wise. In that way, they're a rarity among teams with quarterbacks who have Andrew Luck's ability and are no longer playing on a rookie deal. Going back to the 2018 NFL Draft: Indy received contributions from Quenton Nelson, Tyquan Lewis, Kemoko Turay, Braden Smith, Darius Leonard, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, Zaire Franklin and Matthew Adams. Only two guys failed to make an impact: fifth-rounder Daurice Fountain and sixth-rounder Deon Cain, the latter of whom suffered a torn ACL in August -- and I've heard plenty of good things about him, too. This team is juiced, dude.
NE, NO, LAR, KC ranked 1 - 4 (hard to argue)
SD, PHI, DAL, CHI, SEA ranked 6 - 10 (again, hard to argue)

5th? What a difference a year makes.

The future is so bright, I gotta triple up! :cool::cool::cool:

Walk Worthy,

Chromeburn 02-07-2019 08:31 PM

Amazing what a good draft class can do for you. I bet so many of those perennially high picking teams are going WTF.

Although I remember the early days. I became a fan in ‘89. Those were some lean years.

DrSpaceman 02-08-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 109416)
Amazing what a good draft class can do for you. I bet so many of those personally high picking teams are going WTF.

Although I remember the early days. I became a fan in ‘89. Those were some lean years.

Good draft

Good coach

Return of a franchise QB

GM that knows how to make moves in the draft

Everything pretty much fell into place this past year

As we have seen in the past though, there is a gap between "contender" and "champions". Lots of contenders come and go, not all become champions.

Need to keep up the good drafting and add some key free agents to get over the top

Oldcolt 02-08-2019 11:40 PM

I hate high expectations

omahacolt 02-09-2019 09:30 AM

Schedule will be considerably harder next year. Going to be fun watching how they continue to stack up against tougher teams