ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Second round picks (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38528)

DrSpaceman 03-18-2018 01:34 PM

Second round picks

I think we all pretty well know the first round pick is going to come down to Nelson, Chubbs, potentially Barkely as an outside shot, assuming we don't trade down again and end up lower than 6. Topic has been beaten to death, we have covered the pros/cons of those guys, the selection, the team make up, etc

So now there are three second round picks this yes, still pretty high with potential for still top talent. Who seems likely to be taken in those spots?

VeveJones007 03-18-2018 01:54 PM

A few guys stick out to me:

DT Maurice Hurst - 1st rd talent, but apparently hs a heart condition
RB Sony Michel
RB Derrius Guice
WR Courtland Sutton
EDGE Sam Hubbard
G Will Hernandez
LB Malik Jefferson
WR DJ Moore

Several of those guys are projected late 1sts, but so was Quincy Wilson.

YDFL Commish 03-18-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 60003)

RB Sony Michel
RB Derrius Guice
WR Courtland Sutton
EDGE Sam Hubbard
G Will Hernandez
LB Malik Jefferson
WR DJ Moore

Harold Landry
Rashaan Evans
Isaah Wynn
Kerryon Johnson
James Daniels
Billy Price

DrSpaceman 03-18-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 60003)

RB Sony Michel
RB Derrius Guice
WR Courtland Sutton
EDGE Sam Hubbard
G Will Hernandez
LB Malik Jefferson
WR DJ Moore

Speaking of Wilson, I am hoping part of the reason for letting Melvin go is they see the potential for Wilson to be the #1 CB.

With the current roster, we better hope so

VeveJones007 03-18-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 60010)
Speaking of Wilson, I am hoping part of the reason for letting Melvin go is they see the potential for Wilson to be the #1 CB.

With the current roster, we better hope so

Funny you should mention that. I think it was Mike Wells who tweeted that the Colts would need a new #1 corner after Melvin signed with Oakland. Wilson replied to his tweet saying “No they don’t.”

DrSpaceman 03-18-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 60011)
Funny you should mention that. I think it was Mike Wells who tweeted that the Colts would need a new #1 corner after Melvin signed with Oakland. Wilson replied to his tweet saying “No they don’t.”

Good for him

I hope he can back it up. From what I saw he has potential, just looked like raw talent last year who for whatever reason (I guess "bad on special teams" was the official team response) was not given much of a chance until the end of the season

Needs to play smarter as well

Oldcolt 03-18-2018 04:55 PM

I would hope that at a minimum one of these would be an offensive lineman. Nothing’s been done yet to keep Luck alive. Ballard must have a plan.

Kray007 03-18-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 60021)
I would hope that at a minimum one of these would be an offensive lineman. Nothing’s been done yet to keep Luck alive. Ballard must have a plan.

Making sure Luck's Blue Cross premiums are up to date.

Racehorse 03-19-2018 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 60041)
Making sure Luck's Blue Cross premiums are up to date.

I'm pretty sure he does not have Blue Cross. He has Blue Horseshoe, which pays 100% and gets immediate care, unless Pagano is around to stall it to save his sorry behind.

Hoopsdoc 03-19-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 60021)

I’m thinking part of the “plan” to protect Luck is ditching Chud and bringing in Reich. No more slow developing, 3 man deep routes.