ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ballard (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100352)

Oldcolt 04-27-2020 09:59 AM

Ballard

This guy is a great general manager. He said when he came here he would build from the trenches. Said he would build the core thru the draft. Everyone says that. He actually did it. He made 29 picks between 2017-2019. Every one of them remains in the NFL. Ten project to be starters on the Colts. Twenty three are still with this team (props to Zac Keefer of Atlantic for this info). As long as we keep this administration we are going to be a good fun team to root for year in and year out. That's good, cause good or not I'll be rooting for them.

Maniac 04-27-2020 10:07 AM

Ballard has done a great job.

If Luck hadn't retired, this team would be a strong superbowl contender. We'll see how Rivers can do at his age.

rcubed 04-27-2020 11:50 AM

Ballard

Saw this on Reddit. Didnt fact check it but with all ballards trading its seems believable. He has done a great job, so glad we moved on from greaseball.

“Ballard turned three first round picks into Q Nelson, Braden Smith, Turay, J Wilkens, Ya Sin, Banogu, M Tell, Buckner, Pittman Jr.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chromeburn 04-27-2020 03:21 PM

I think he has strengthen the team overall, and he got shafted when Luck retired. That would doom a lot of front offices.

But I still want to see a couple things.

Can they find a QB? Rivers is a stopgap, and Eason is a 4th round pick with some tools to work with. I bet they take a QB next year too. Draft till you find one.

We need more playmaking on offense. Is Pittman, Campbell, and the Wisky RB the solution? We will find out.

We need passrush and a young pass rusher. We have a vet picking up the slack. Time for one of these young guys to pick it up.

I think we are a more solid and deeper team. I’m looking for a little more playmaking. Turnovers, pressures, sacks in D. Chunk plays, big plays on O.

1965southpaw 04-27-2020 03:24 PM

My favorite Ballard quote from the draft (re: Easom) .................

“He was a fourth-round pick,” Ballard pleaded. “We didn’t move up to the first pick of the draft. Jacob’s got talent. He’s got to work and he’s got to earn it. … Let’s slow our roll a little bit in terms of tagging this guy as the next messiah walking into town.

Instead of proclaiming him the next Ed Reed, he sends a clear message to a QB prospect with a questionable work ethic that he's currently competing for third place on this roster against Chad Kelly. He's doing exactly what he said he was going to do re: creating a culture of competition and accountability and I love it!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...on/ar-BB13h0el

Oldcolt 04-27-2020 05:42 PM

I remember Polian saying (it may not have been in this exact context) that if you hit over 50% of your draft choices you were damn good.

Brylok 04-28-2020 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 160283)
Ballard has done a great job.

If Luck hadn't retired, this team would be a strong superbowl contender. We'll see how Rivers can do at his age.

QUIT. He faked a cankle injury and QUIT. Then he stole $24M of Jim's money on the way home. Other than that your post is spot on.

apballin 04-28-2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 160366)
QUIT. He faked a cankle injury and QUIT. Then he stole $24M of Jim's money on the way home. Other than that your post is spot on.

I can never question the toughness of a guy that stayed in a game and was pissing blood that night

njcoltfan 04-28-2020 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 160368)
I can never question the toughness of a guy that stayed in a game and was pissing blood that night

I agree, but he did just up and quit.

JAFF 04-28-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 160366)

And he faked all those surgeries he had have, right? The internal bleeding that he suffered from hard-hit versus Denver that was fake too?