ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts hanging tough (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131914)

Oldcolt 10-25-2021 01:05 PM

Colts hanging tough

To me the most impressive thing about the SF victory is the way this team didn't fold. We may not be able to make the playoffs with the hole we have dug for ourselves, but if we do we can make some waves if healthy. Add Hilton to this receiving corps, watching the way the offensive line is coming around (I know a lot of you don't like Fischer but I do. He is a freaking beast in the run game. Pass protection may not be up to what he wants for a year or so do to his injury-we can help him out once we are stable) and when Smith gets back we will have the best depth we have had in years. How deep we can go, and if we even get to the playoffs, depends on whether a pass rush develops in the next few months. I'm not overly optimistic but have been wrong many times so hope this is one more time. Enough positives for me to be excited about what could happen. Glad we have 17 games with the freaking hole we have dug.

njcoltfan 10-25-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 208447)
To me the most impressive thing about the SF victory is the way this team didn't fold. We may not be able to make the playoffs with the hole we have dug for ourselves, but if we do we can make some waves if healthy. Add Hilton to this receiving corps, watching the way the offensive line is coming around (I know a lot of you don't like Fischer but I do. He is a freaking beast in the run game. Pass protection may not be up to what he wants for a year or so do to his injury-we can help him out once we are stable) and when Smith gets back we will have the best depth we have had in years. How deep we can go, and if we even get to the playoffs, depends on whether a pass rush develops in the next few months. I'm not overly optimistic but have been wrong many times so hope this is one more time. Enough positives for me to be excited about what could happen. Glad we have 17 games with the freaking hole we have dug.

I'm looking forward to see what Dayo brings to the pass rush once he is eligible to play.

Chromeburn 10-25-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 208448)
I'm looking forward to see what Dayo brings to the pass rush once he is eligible to play.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Pez 10-25-2021 08:18 PM

They had a highlight last night where fisher and Nelson double teamed a guy and it was pretty impressive. I like how we are looking for better ways to take advantage of our run game.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

YDFL Commish 10-25-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 208495)
They had a highlight last night where fisher and Nelson double teamed a guy and it was pretty impressive. I like how we are looking for better ways to take advantage of our run game.

It's no coincidence that the running game picked once Fisher started playing.

apballin 10-25-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 208495)

Reed has been a pleasant surprise, a few of Taylor’s long runs I watched him at RG just smashing ppl

Oldcolt 10-25-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 208505)
Reed has been a pleasant surprise, a few of Taylor’s long runs I watched him at RG just smashing ppl

I think he supplants Glo in the future

rcubed 10-26-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 208508)
I think he supplants Glo in the future

SF game snap count %:

G Chris Reed, 65%
G Mark Glowinski, 35%

G Quenton Nelson, 100%
G Danny Pinter, 6%

HoosierinFL 10-26-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 208555)
SF game snap count %:

G Chris Reed, 65%
G Mark Glowinski, 35%

G Quenton Nelson, 100%
G Danny Pinter, 6%

Thats 206%

Oldcolt 10-26-2021 03:17 PM

Two guard spots with both occupied 100% gets you 200%. Other 6% is probably jumbo short yardage stuff