ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Senior Bowl Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94780)

Voosh 01-27-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 152650)
I don't recall it that way. Faulk wanted to renegotiate his contract and stated that he would hold out to get it, like Emmet Smith did. Polian just wouldn't deal with that attitude and shipped him off for very cheap. In his last year with the Colts, he rushed for over 1,300 yards and had over 900 yards receiving. He was only 25 years old. Had they kept him, then traded with Ditka for a shit load of draft choices, I believe they could have become dominant within 2 years. I loved Edge, but he's one man, and he didn't play defense.

I think I remember it this way too. I for sure remember I was pissed when Polian came and traded Faulk.

IndyNorm 01-27-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 152611)
It's about the team. Give the ball to faulk on 1st and ten and if the hole wasnt there he would bob and weave and take a 3 yard loss. Now it's on Manning to go fix it.

You give Edge the ball on first down and fights to get 3 yards. Now it's second and 7 and the QB doesn't need to pull it out of his ass. Edge would get you 3 yards falling out of bed and NEVER bitched about getting the ball.

He played a year with TWO high ankle sprains. He bitched about not getting his bonus, but he made every freaking game. Thats why Jim payed him his bonus, he played every game and played for the team

Maybe in '96-'97 and at the start of '98, but I remember that once the O started clicking in Peyton's rookie year Faulk seemed to buy in and he had a hell of a year.

At any rate I'm not saying that Faulk was a better fit than Edge b/c he wasn't. What I am saying is that Faulk, Bailey/Holt, extra picks in several rounds of the '99 draft, and the 2nd overall pick and an extra 3rd rounder in the '00 draft would have been better than Edge, Peterson, and Scioli.

Chromeburn 02-11-2020 12:14 PM

So Brett Kolman reviews the senior bowl and the top ten players at it. Good watch.

And then he drops this bomb; the Colts love Jordan Love. Apparently the Colts really want Jordan Love and it is the worst kept secret right now.

Brett Kolman Video Link

smitty46953 02-11-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 153710)

And then he drops this bomb; the Colts love Jordan Love. Apparently the Colts really want Jordan Love and it is the worst kept secret right now.

Brett Kolman Video Link

I hope all the talk about Jordan Love is smoke and mirrors. Ballard went to Notre Dame once and never mentioned Nelson again (publicly) until the pick was announced.

Personally out on a limb prediction but I see Dolphins trading the 1.05 & 2.07 to the Lions for the 1.03 to insure that they get Tua Tagovailoa. Then the Lions trading the 1.05 to the Colts for the 1.13 & 2.02 and the Colts take Justin Herbert leap frogging the Chargers @ 1.06 to do so? Give Herbert this season or part of it to learn and step in for Jacoby next year or earlier should Brissett falter.

rm1369 02-11-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 153713)
I hope all the talk about Jordan Love is smoke and mirrors. Ballard went to Notre Dame once and never mentioned Nelson again (publicly) until the pick was announced.

Personally out on a limb prediction but I see Dolphins trading the 1.05 & 2.07 to the Lions to insure that they get Tua Tagovailoa. Then the Dolphins trading the 1.05 to the Colts for the 1.13 & 2.02 and the Colts take Justin Herbert leap frogging the Chargers @ 1.06 to do so? Give Herbert this season or part of it to learn and step in for Jacoby next year or earlier should Brissett falter.

I’m not particularly sold on Love either. I’m not a scout though. The main thing I want is for them to target and get who they believe can be a franchise guy and not just accept “the best available” that falls to them at QB. If they really think it’s Love, I’m fine with it. I personally like your scenario as I prefer Herbert to Love and I like them moving up to get their guy.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 02-11-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Yeah - it was widely covered in the press all of the times Ballard traveled to Utah State games to scout Love.

I wonder who Dodds was scouting at this same time???

Quote:

Personally out on a limb prediction but I see Dolphins trading the 1.05 & 2.07 to the Lions for the 1.03 to insure that they get Tua Tagovailoa. Then the Lions trading the 1.05 to the Colts for the 1.13 & 2.02 (Corrected Thanks)

I'm confused. How can the Dolphins trade 1.05 twice? Or perhaps that is what makes it out on a limb??

smitty46953 02-11-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 153722)
Yeah - it was widely covered in the press all of the times Ballard traveled to Utah State games to scout Love.

I wonder who Dodds was scouting at this same time???

I'm confused. How can the Dolphins trade 1.05 twice? Or perhaps that is what makes it out on a limb??

(Corrected Thanks)