ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Texans core stats (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85306)

Pez 10-14-2019 07:37 AM

Texans core stats

Make no mistake, this is going to be a tough game against the Texans. If Watson is on they are going to be tough to beat. He torched the Falcons two weeks back for 5 TDs, no picks and a "perfect" rating of 158.3. Granted, the Falcons are imploding, but Watson's stats are an achievement against any team.

On the season he is 12 TDs, 3 picks and a rating of 107.7.

Texans team numbers are decently impressive also:

Offense:
PPG = 27.0 (8th)
YPG = 396 (6th)
PYPG = 257 (10th)
RYPG = 139 (5th)
Defense:
YAPG= 372 (18th)
RYAPG = 88 (8th)
PYAPG = 268 (24th)
I have hesitated to say this, but JB's "game manager" mode needs to be stepped up this week so we can take advantage of their weak defense against the pass.

We really need to get pressure on Watson. IN their loss to the saints, they gave up 6 sacks and only lost by 2, in Caroline, again 6 sacks and a narrow loss.

Houston has been talked up for years by the media as a team poised to have a break out, this may be their year finally.

Indy absolutely needs this game from a momentum/confidence perspective and from a division perspective.

We should be getting close to full strength, depending on this week of practice:
Campbell - Out
Geathers, Milligan, Leonard, Hooker, Lewis - Questionable
With Leonard's return and hopefully better play than he has thus far been able to produce, our defense will get a boost. I doubt we will see Hooker back yet, but if so, we might see Hooker and Willis on the field for the majority of the game.

Texans have been exposed to the injury bug as well, with 9 players on IR.

omahacolt 10-14-2019 07:48 AM

I agree. Brissett needs to start making some plays. We are going nowhere if he doesn’t. One and done at best, if we even get that far

Racehorse 10-14-2019 09:43 AM

If we tackle any better than KC did, it will be a long day. If we wrap up and contain, we should be able to walk away with the W.

Chaka 10-14-2019 10:52 AM

Our OL is the same as it was last time we played Houston, and we dominated their DL then - and Houston no longer has Clowney (though, to be honest, not sure how that one cuts - he kinda helped us out last year). So I agree, this one's going to rest on Brissett.

HoosierinFL 10-14-2019 11:00 AM

KC is a pass heavy big play offense just like Houston. We will use the same strategy against Houston that we used against KC: run the ball and win the ToP game and keep Watson on the sideline.

But yes, JB needs to make the play action an effective weapon for this offense by hitting the deep pass.

Luck4Reich 10-14-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 137197)
KC is a pass heavy big play offense just like Houston. We will use the same strategy against Houston that we used against KC: run the ball and win the ToP game and keep Watson on the sideline.

But yes, JB needs to make the play action an effective weapon for this offense by hitting the deep pass.

Big difference is Texans have a much better run D.... Reich will need to come up with plays to keep drives extended.

Chromeburn 10-14-2019 06:00 PM

Implode Falcons implode. Time to dump your assets, like Grady Jarret.

Hooker would have been really nice to have this game because Watson likes to air it out deep and I think he is vulnerable there.

TY’s health will be key. He owns the Texans and will continue if healthy.

Puck 10-14-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 137262)
Implode Falcons implode. Time to dump your assets, like Grady Jarret.

Hooker would have been really nice to have this game because Watson likes to air it out deep and I think he is vulnerable there.

TY’s health will be key. He owns the Texans and will continue if healthy.

Hooker would have??? Is he ruled out?

omahacolt 10-14-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 137286)
Hooker would have??? Is he ruled out?

Nope. I am not holding my breath though. He needs to get fully healthy