ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Good claimed by Raiders (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61136)

Chaka 12-28-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 101246)
Sounds like the line coach is an asshole

That’s an understatement if Good is accurately recounting what DeGuglielmo said. I’ll say it’s hard to understand on it’s face – why would the coach beat him down like that after his brother had just been killed? – but I’m not a football coach and admittedly sometimes those guys do some pretty damned stupid stuff in an effort to “motivate” the players, so I can’t rule it out as impossible.

Good was obviously in a tough spot and probably already feeling unfairly treated since he had just lost his brother and, in dealing with THAT situation which was completely out of his control, he ended up losing his job because Smith came in his absence and played so well.

Holder seems to suggest, based upon his prior dealings with the Colts coaching staff, that the Colts did everything they could for him and that Good might not be providing a completely fair description of the situation. The Colts probably won’t comment.

Racehorse 12-28-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 101262)
That’s an understatement if Good is accurately recounting what DeGuglielmo said. I’ll say it’s hard to understand on it’s face – why would the coach beat him down like that after his brother had just been killed? – but I’m not a football coach and admittedly sometimes those guys do some pretty damned stupid stuff in an effort to “motivate” the players, so I can’t rule it out as impossible.

Good was obviously in a tough spot and probably already feeling unfairly treated since he had just lost his brother and, in dealing with THAT situation which was completely out of his control, he ended up losing his job because Smith came in his absence and played so well.

Holder seems to suggest, based upon his prior dealings with the Colts coaching staff, that the Colts did everything they could for him and that Good might not be providing a completely fair description of the situation. The Colts probably won’t comment.

I could see it going like this:

Good: Man, I just don't have it today

Coach G: Suck it up, man.

Good: I'm still feeling the loss, coach.

Coach G: The team needs you. Suck it up.

Good (to himself) That was harsh. This guy is a jerk (aloud) I don't know, coach.

Coach G: (tohimself) How can I motivate him to get through this?) We need you, man.

Good. Not today, coach. Maybe tomorrow.

Coach G: If you are going to quit on this team, you will never play a snap again.

Good: I need to go see Ballard

Either that, or Coach G is an A-hole

rcubed 12-28-2018 06:22 PM

what did the OL coach supposedly say? (I dont have access to the athletic)

Chaka 12-28-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 101291)
what did the OL coach supposedly say? (I dont have access to the athletic)

It looks like the story has been picked up nationally. Here's the USA Today link:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/...ielmo-release/

YDFL Commish 12-28-2018 06:53 PM

Good is the starting RG for the Raiders right now. Why can't he just leave it at that and be happy for the opportunity.

I'm sensing sour grapes because he wasn't given the starting job back and had to earn it.

omahacolt 12-28-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 101297)
Good is the starting RG for the Raiders right now. Why can't he just leave it at that and be happy for the opportunity.

I'm sensing sour grapes because he wasn't given the starting job back and had to earn it.

There probably is some level of sour grapes. He apparently asked to be released so I imagine something pissed him off.

Your “earn” it angle is dumb

omahacolt 12-28-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 101248)
Sure does. I question the timing of this story, though. It seems Good isn’t without character flaws himself

I am not following here?

YDFL Commish 12-28-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 101305)
There probably is some level of sour grapes. He apparently asked to be released so I imagine something pissed him off.

Your “earn” it angle is dumb

Good hadn't earned anything up to that point. He was the starter and had unfortunate circumstances, then got outplayed by Smith.

Unless you're a Pags disciple, you would understand this.

If he wanted his starting job back, then he had to earn it. If you play worse than the guy in front of you in practice, then you will not start.

Not a difficult concept to understand.

omahacolt 12-28-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 101310)
Good hadn't earned anything up to that point. He was the starter and had unfortunate circumstances, then got outplayed by Smith.

Unless you're a Pags disciple, you would understand this.

If he wanted his starting job back, then he had to earn it. If you play worse than the guy in front of you in practice, then you will not start.

Not a difficult concept to understand.

I am curious why you think that applies.

Racehorse 12-28-2018 11:37 PM

Omaha, your blind spot is affecting your judgment.