ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How do you feel about our selections? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180493)

albany ed 04-28-2024 08:50 AM

How do you feel about our selections?

I'd like to read the opinions of all our members.

njcoltfan 04-28-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 296940)
I'd like to read the opinions of all our members.

I feel great, finally drafted a stud pass rusher,( a guy I was really hoping they would draft), a receiver that should have been a drafted in the first round, IMO, a tackle in the third round that has a chance to play a role this year, and some depth players. Can't wait for the season to start.

omahacolt 04-28-2024 09:42 AM

i liked it. 1st for picks were great. not saying they will all play great but i liked the picks.

latu i think is going to be good from the jump

mitchell could be phenomenal but could bust. the talent is there so swinging for the fences in the middle of the 2nd round is fine by me.

maybe our future rg in the 3rd. swing tackle option if not

kelly's replacement in the 4th. can't pay everyone on the line and raimann is due soon.

also really liked the wr/returner gould. that kid just looks quick and i could see him contributing in the offense some early on. drawing up plays to get him in space.

the other guys seem like fine prospects but we will see how it plays out. i think this may be a draft where we look back and a lot of these guys are playing significant roles on the team

IndyNorm 04-28-2024 09:49 AM

Overall pretty good.

- Latu looks to be a great pick, and if he continues to produce like he did in college will be what our D has needed for a LONG time.

- Mitchell has as high of a ceiling as any WR in the draft, and if he hits it will be an absolute steal.

- Goncalves and Bortolini both look like good picks. A little surprised we spent that high of picks on OL depth this year (especially the 3rd rounder), but Ballard must have really liked both and probably sees them as replacements for Kelly and Fries, and possibly Smith.

- Really like the Carlies pick and interested to see if he can become Cato June 2.0 for us. The rest of our late round picks are a little blah IMO.

As with a lot of others I'm really surprised we didn't do more at CB and S. Hope we don't get burned too bad by that.

Dam8610 04-28-2024 10:53 AM

Back to back draft classes that feel a lot like the 2003-2004 draft classes. The Colts come away with, in my opinion, 2 of the top 25 players in this class at positions of need, fortify the OL to the point that it is arguably the best and deepest in the league, and pick up a lot of developmental projects in the last 3 rounds that could blossom into impactful starters down the road.

The bottom line is that it all still comes down to Anthony Richardson blossoming into a star, but if he does, we could be talking about two of the best back to back draft classes of all-time.

Hoopsdoc 04-28-2024 12:16 PM

The only pick I really question is Micah Abraham in the 6th. He just seems to small and to slow to ever be effective in the nfl.

Supposedly he has great instincts and that can make up for a lot but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Dewey 5 04-28-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 296957)
The only pick I really question is Micah Abraham in the 6th. He just seems to small and to slow to ever be effective in the nfl.

Supposedly he has great instincts and that can make up for a lot but I’ll believe it when I see it.

I think he's a 4.4 guy which is exactly slow. His dad is Donnie Abraham so the kid while small has solid fundamentals. His cousin is former Colt, Tim Jennings.

apballin 04-28-2024 02:06 PM

I loved it, didn’t chase any certain players they just let the draft fall to them

I think Latu is one of those guys people will look back and go how did he fall to 15?

And he wears 15, funny how shit works out like that

Mr. Session 04-28-2024 02:34 PM

Lit.

Pissed I gotta wait till the fall.

YDFL Commish 04-28-2024 02:51 PM

You know that Dammy and I don't agree on much. But I believe we were both pounding on the table for Latu form the time the draft process began.

The thing is neither of saw him as a Ballard pick. I'm so happy that we were both wrong on that!

I'm not exaggerating when I say that Latu gives me TJ Watt vibes, that's how good I think that he can be.

If you only watch one clip of AD Mitchell, then watch him absolutely torch Terrion Arnold in the Alabama game. When this kid is on his game he's probably the best route runner in the draft. Really fun to watch.

Then Ballard went total BP in the 3rd and 4th rounds to build depth on the O-Line. Huge kudos there.

Then he goes into BP mode again and picks his Terrence Wilkins clone in Gould.

After that I don't even care. Because IMO Ballard nailed it!

Now he just needs to add a FA DB to stabilize the secondary.