ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   With the third pick.... (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31652)

Racehorse 01-02-2018 05:47 PM

Oh, and Mayfield is going to get drafted pretty high, even if Rosen and Darnold come out. This means that our pick could have value even if the first two go QB.

Pez 01-02-2018 06:37 PM

I dont want to see a RB in 1st round either. I think Gore will be back and I like to believe that Ballard and someone not named Pagano will look to do a better job with his development.

My simple opinion is that we look at free agency, pay big $$ for a lineman. Then trade down and draft two more early. Gore and Mack will be serviceable behind an improved line.

The colts have tons of problems. Addressing the OL in an aggressive and definitive way solves more problems than addressing anywhere else.

omahacolt 01-02-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 49679)
Trade it away.

There's talent to be had in the early-middle 1st round, particularly at OL and LB.

no

we need playmakers. not just solid dudes

njcoltfan 01-02-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 49733)
That would be nice, but I don't think the offers will be there. They blew their chance by missing out on the 2nd pick.

If the 1st two picks are Rosen/Darnold, would you really offer that kind of package to move up to #3 as an opposing GM?

Mark my words, Cleveland is going to take Barkley with the first pick, the Giants will take Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold, Colts will take ???, and the Browns will take Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold. Darnold and Rosen have yet to declare for the draft, so this prediction is based on if they do.

VeveJones007 01-02-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 49793)
Mark my words, Cleveland is going to take Barkley with the first pick, the Giants will take Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold, Colts will take ???, and the Browns will take Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold. Darnold and Rosen have yet to declare for the draft, so this prediction is based on if they do.

Browns will take their choice of QB at 1 and then get Barkley at 4. Your way doesn’t make sense for them.

njcoltfan 01-02-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 49813)
Browns will take their choice of QB at 1 and then get Barkley at 4. Your way doesn’t make sense for them.

Unless they think the Colts are gonna take him.

rcubed 01-02-2018 10:04 PM

No, QB is too important and they have screwed it up too many times. They wont just take whats left at 4. They will choose the one they want at hope barkley is there at 4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 49793)

VeveJones007 01-02-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 49826)
Unless they think the Colts are gonna take him.

No team goes into a draft with three QBs with the exact same grade. They’ll have a higher grade on one of the QBs and take him 1st.

YDFL Commish 01-02-2018 11:13 PM

I had to go BPA, and that is Barkely.

Indiana V2 01-03-2018 12:10 AM

Is Barkley even go to be there at three? The way people talk about him he may go 1st overall.