ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFL Discussion Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2018 NFC Championship Game (Rams vs. Saints) (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65824)

Colts And Orioles 01-17-2019 12:11 AM

2018 NFC Championship Game (Rams vs. Saints)
 
o



llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll LOS ANGELES RAMS


llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllll vs.


llllllllllllllllllllllll. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS



o

Colts And Orioles 01-20-2019 05:01 PM

o

That was an egregious defensive holding call.

That "expert" doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, saying that he was "engaged, and you're not going to call that pass interference call."

He held him the entire play ........ defensive holding, no question.

o

Colts And Orioles 01-20-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 107494)
o

That was an egregious defensive holding call.

That "expert" doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, saying that he was "engaged, and you're not going to call that pass interference call."

He held him the entire play ........ defensive holding, no question.

o

o

They still salvaged a field goal out of that long drive, giving their defense a rest ........ and the defense responded by forcing the Saints to punt on a 3-and-out.

o

Colts And Orioles 01-20-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 107496)
o

They still salvaged a field goal out of that long drive, giving their defense a rest ........ and the defense responded by forcing the Saints to punt on a 3-and-out.

o

o

And the Rams' defense followed that up by forcing another punt, including getting back-to-back sacks of Brees.


In the regular season game, the Rams were getting blown out early on, only to come back and tie the game in the 4th quarter.


http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/...2018-09-lam-no


The Saints pulled that game out late in the 4th quarter, but the Rams showed that they were capable of coming from behind and scoring a lot of points in this building (the Superdome.)

o

Colts And Orioles 01-20-2019 07:09 PM

o

Goff had a chance to win the game right there, and he missed it ....... the ball was completed for a first down, but it was badly thrown. The receiver made a great catch, but he had to go to the ground in the process ........ otherwise, he easily would have scored a touchdown.


The price that they have to pay because of that badly thrown ball ??? Now they have to take their chances in overtime, instead of winning it outright in regulation.

o

Colts And Orioles 01-20-2019 07:33 PM

o



LOS ANGELES RAMS llllllllllllllllllllllllllll.) - ll26


llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (OVERTIME)


NEW ORLEANS SAINTS llllllllllllllllll.. - ll23


o

Colts And Orioles 01-20-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 107498)
o


And the Rams' defense followed that up by forcing another punt, including getting back-to-back sacks of Brees.


In the regular season game, the Rams were getting blown out early on, only to come back and tie the game in the 4th quarter.


http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/...2018-09-lam-no


The Saints pulled that game out late in the 4th quarter, but the Rams showed that they were capable of coming from behind and scoring a lot of points in this building (the Superdome.)

o

o


The Rams showed that they were capable of that earlier in the season ........ this time, they completed the comeback.

o

Hoopsdoc 01-20-2019 09:22 PM

That may have been the worst non call Iíve ever seen, at the end of regulation.

Iím referring to the Roby-Coleman pass interference, hit on a defenseless receiver, helmet to helmet contact non call.

Colts And Orioles 01-20-2019 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 107544)


That may have been the worst non call I’ve ever seen, at the end of regulation.

I’m referring to the Roby-Coleman pass interference, hit on a defenseless receiver, helmet to helmet contact non call.



o

The referees called a shitty game, including robbing the Rams of a chance to score a touchdown early in the game when they didn't call an egregious defensive holding on 3rd down when the Rams were driving deep in Saints territory.

Plus, there was a blatant facemask of Jared Goff late in the 4th quarter that was not called, which also likely cost the Rams a touchdown (they instead had to settle for a field goal.)


They called 3 penalties against the Saints the entire game, and 7 against the Rams. The Saints didn't lose that game because of that call, if you want to be impartial about it and consider the entire game. Prior to that non-call they had a chance to take almost all of the time off of the clock, and instead chose to pass the ball twice, saving the Rams 40 seconds AND a timeout. Then they had the ball first in overtime, and the Rams forced a turnover.


So, while that non-call was obviously crucial when it occurred and very likely would have won the Saints the game, it did not occur in a vacuum, completely unrelated to everything that happened in the previous 58 minutes and 15 seconds of game-time prior to that play.


The Rams overcame the bad calls against them, and outplayed the Saints from late in the 2nd quarter onward. The Saints didn't overcome the bad calls against them, including some very questionable play-calling late in the 4th quarter.

o

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 01-27-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 107544)
That may have been the worst non call Iíve ever seen, at the end of regulation.

Iím referring to the Roby-Coleman pass interference, hit on a defenseless receiver, helmet to helmet contact non call.


More bad optics - the four officials most responsible for the non-call are all from southern California. You would think the league would assigned this crew to the AFC title game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ern-california


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.