ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone but Terrion Arnold (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180255)

Kray007 04-24-2024 07:56 PM

Anyone but Terrion Arnold

I know he’s a popular choice for mock drafters, but I’m not seeing it. As far as I’m concerned, his 4.51 40 time is a big problem. He might be fine in a zone scheme where his lack of deep speed can be covered up; but if we ever make a coaching change and bring in someone who plays more man, he’ll be little more than a speed bump to elite opposing Receivers.

Dam8610 04-24-2024 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 296288)
I know he’s a popular choice for mock drafters, but I’m not seeing it. As far as I’m concerned, his 4.51 40 time is a big problem. He might be fine in a zone scheme where his lack of deep speed can be covered up; but if we ever make a coaching change and bring in someone who plays more man, he’ll be little more than a speed bump to elite opposing Receivers.

Brents ran a 4.5 and the Colts run a zone heavy scheme. Arnold would be fine, if not great.

Kray007 04-24-2024 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 296292)
Brents ran a 4.5 and the Colts run a zone heavy scheme. Arnold would be fine, if not great.

I’d like to think that, drafting 15th, we’ll have a chance to find someone better than Brents. I’d like to find a scheme versatile Corner, someone who can both play zone and shut down an elite Receiver If he has to.

I’m tired of watching Cornerbacks whose skill set mostly revolves around giving a ten yard cushion. I’m tired of letting opponents complete 80 percent of their completions. I’m tired of making rookie journeyman Quarterbacks look like the second coming of Joe Montana. I’m tired of ancient, mediocre, vanilla zone defenses that opponents have had a quarter century to solve.

Dam8610 04-25-2024 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 296294)
I’d like to think that, drafting 15th, we’ll have a chance to find someone better than Brents. I’d like to find a scheme versatile Corner, someone who can both play zone and shut down an elite Receiver If he has to.

I’m tired of watching Cornerbacks whose skill set mostly revolves around giving a ten yard cushion. I’m tired of letting opponents complete 80 percent of their completions. I’m tired of making rookie journeyman Quarterbacks look like the second coming of Joe Montana. I’m tired of ancient, mediocre, vanilla zone defenses that opponents have had a quarter century to solve.

I like Quinyon Mitchell better as well, but I'm not going to burn it to the ground if they draft Arnold. Arnold's 10 split was still elite, and he had great explosion and COD numbers, meaning your worries about 10 yard cushions are unwarranted.

Kray007 04-25-2024 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 296295)
I like Quinyon Mitchell better as well, but I'm not going to burn it to the ground if they draft Arnold. Arnold's 10 split was still elite, and he had great explosion and COD numbers, meaning your worries about 10 yard cushions are unwarranted.

The problem is that he’s not big enough or strong enough to jam Receivers at the line. He might well excel at covering crossing patterns and underneath routes; but, he just doesn’t have the top end speed to cover elite receivers on deep patterns. Right now, sure, the Colts employ a zone scheme. But, if Gus Bradley’s D lays another egg in 2024, he’s probably gone.

Dam8610 04-25-2024 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 296343)
The problem is that he’s not big enough or strong enough to jam Receivers at the line. He might well excel at covering crossing patterns and underneath routes; but, he just doesn’t have the top end speed to cover elite receivers on deep patterns. Right now, sure, the Colts employ a zone scheme. But, if Gus Bradley’s D lays another egg in 2024, he’s probably gone.

We should be concerned right now with what makes the 2024 Colts the best. If the FO determines that's Arnold, I'm good with that.

YDFL Commish 04-25-2024 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 296343)

Agree on Bradley. Give him defenders, so that he has no excuses.

omahacolt 04-25-2024 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 296288)

dam Jr 40 time scouting

YDFL Commish 04-25-2024 07:03 PM

I wouldn't hate an Arnold pick. but, I would damn well hate a trade back for a Kool-Aid pick.

IndyNorm 04-25-2024 07:55 PM

I would be shocked if both Mitchell and DeJean weren't higher on Ballard's draft board than Arnold. Both are bigger, faster, and have a higher RAS score than Arnold.