ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2018 QB Starter (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25612)

jasperhobbs 11-12-2017 07:10 PM

2018 QB Starter

OK Lets say and I hope not, Luck is done and retires. Do Colts go with Brissett or draft a QB high?

I am going with they go with Brissett as the draft class has a lot of QB question marks.

YDFL Commish 11-12-2017 07:18 PM

First off, I full expect Luck to be back, and better than ever.

This is my someone biased opinion. But, If I were drafting a QB from the 2018 draft, it would witout a doubt be Baker Mayfield. He reminds in stature of Drew Brees, and in playing style Brett Favre.

jasperhobbs 11-12-2017 07:20 PM

I never read anyone saying Brissett is the answer as a starting NFL QB.

Puck 11-12-2017 07:27 PM

With a good OC and some coaching Brissett could be very good. He has all the tools as a QB. He has a big arm and can make all the throws. He just needs some work with a coach.... I'd roll with him next yr and build the rest of the team around him

Chud is not the answer for this kid though.

falloutboy14 11-12-2017 07:45 PM

In all likelihood, we won't know where Luck is by the time the draft happens. With that in mind, I'm fully behind going into next year with Luck/Brissett. With a proper OC and whatever can be done with the OL, I can see Brissett growing into a good QB.

Luck4Reich 11-12-2017 07:47 PM

Getting rid of Chud and Pagano upgrades our QB position regardless of who it is.

YDFL Commish 11-12-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasperhobbs (Post 40588)
I never read anyone saying Brissett is the answer as a starting NFL QB.

At this moment, he's not the answer. Maybe in a modern offense he can be that guy. I just haven't seen enough yet.

indycolts2 11-12-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 40589)
With a good OC and some coaching Brissett could be very good. He has all the tools as a QB. He has a big arm and can make all the throws. He just needs some work with a coach.... I'd roll with him next yr and build the rest of the team around him

Chud is not the answer for this kid though.

Yup.......Chud's play calling has gotten Luck hurt and likely would get Brissett hurt even more than being in concussion protocol if allowed to continue as OC for too much longer. That being said I am not ignoring the play of the o-line or the incompetence of Grigson in previous years in focusing on a quality o-line.

DrSpaceman 11-12-2017 08:55 PM

Luck is not going anywhere

But on the rare chance something happens and he can't come back, you draft a QB.

Coltsalr 11-12-2017 09:10 PM

IF the unthinkable is true, I think I give Brissett a year with a non-retarded coach/system and with a hopefully retooled team. Brissett has kept us close in how many games? With just a better coach, an OC that knows what he’s doing (or even giving Brissett a full offseason with any system) and a talent infusion elsewhere, I think this team is over 500.

The exception being if we’re in position to take a franchise QB (and Luck is truly done). Brissett might be good, but he’s not likely to ever be elite. If we’re in position to grab a Rosen or Darnold (assuming they grade out), then obviously you take your shot. If it’s only the equivalent of a Pat Maholmes where you don’t know what you have at all, then I think you give Brissett a chance.