ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Politics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99345)

JAFF 03-12-2020 04:55 PM

Politics

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 155737)
If you listen to the WHO, you would think we are going to become a teenage wasteland.

IF this government had listened to the WHO we wouldn't be looking at the present situation. Political well wishes don't work on viruses.

Racehorse 03-12-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 155797)
IF this government had listened to the WHO we wouldn't be looking at the present situation. Political well wishes don't work on viruses.

Post>>>>>>>>>>>>
your head

Racehorse 03-12-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 155798)
I can tell you that is not true. This virus has killed healthy people. Right now Riley has several kids in their isolation ward. Kids with health issues, asthma, they are at risk.

This post also >>>>>
your head

Brylok 03-12-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 155815)
This post also >>>>>
your head

It could be worse. He could think the whole thing is an eminence front.

Colts And Orioles 04-02-2020 03:40 PM

o

Patriots Do What Federal Government Can’t: Deliver 1.2 Million N95 Masks from China

(By Dennis Young)

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...u54-story.html

https://static-17.sinclairstoryline....?1585826978703

o

Chromeburn 04-02-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 158178)
o

Patriots Do What Federal Government Can’t: Deliver 1.2 Million N95 Masks from China

(By Dennis Young)

o

Well that’s embarrassing, but glad they did it. Must have cheated the system somehow.

apballin 04-03-2020 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 158188)
Well that’s embarrassing, but glad they did it. Must have cheated the system somehow.

Ofcourse he brought some girls back with it for handjobs

Colts And Orioles 04-03-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 158214)

Of course, he brought some girls back with it for hand-jobs.

o

Good point. ) :cool:

I'm not particularly impressed with career criminal and lowlife Al Capone having opened soup kitchens during the depression.

o

1965southpaw 04-03-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 158214)
Ofcourse he brought some girls back with it for handjobs

One might say he greased some palms..............:p

JAFF 04-04-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 158265)
One might say he greased some palms..............:p

rimshot lol

Spike 04-04-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 158178)
o

(By Dennis Young)

o

Most of those masks from China are garbage. Like most crap made in China.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/e...ted-from-china

Colts And Orioles 04-05-2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 158299)

What did Kraft do that the federal government didn't do? Buy a bunch of fucked up masks. Do some fucking research C&O. Can't trust China to do anything worth a damn. They are the ones who started all this shit. Fuck them and the Patriots.

o

You can do the research yourself if you want to know any additional information regarding what I posted, Spike ...... but since you asked, the governor of Massachusetts said that his initial order of 3 million masks was confiscated at the port of New York, so he ordered an additional 1.2 million of them and asked Robert Kraft for help in paying for half of them and for transporting them.

The masks may or may or may not be crap, but he was assured that they would at least get to their state.

https://www.wwlp.com/news/massachuse...f-ny-in-march/

Regarding my overall feelings on this issue, Kraft is a lowlife (and very possibly a criminal), and I am not impressed when pricks like he and Al Capone do something charitable to help some people in their time of need while conducting the rest of their lives in a criminal manner (ESPECIALLY Capone) ...... perhaps I should have put that in my original post, and for that I am sorry.

o

IndyNorm 04-05-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 158299)
What did Kraft do that the federal government didn't do? Buy a bunch of fucked up masks. Do some fucking research C&O. Can't trust China to do anything worth a damn. They are the ones who started all this shit. Fuck them and the Patriots.

About the only thing we should despise more than the Cheats right now is the Chinese authoritarian government.

Butter 04-05-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 158313)
About the only thing we should despise more than the Cheats right now is the Chinese authoritarian government.

And Trump who is compounding our issues. Worst leader ever.

Discflinger 04-06-2020 12:35 PM

Leader only in name.

Racehorse 04-06-2020 02:12 PM

Here we go again, going off into politics on a football thread.

Colt Classic 04-06-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 158365)
Leader only in name.

Apparently, he led the electoral college's vote or else we'd be prattling on about a different set of ways the country has been fucked over since January, 2017.

Luck4Reich 04-06-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 158343)

Adolf Hitler says hello:cool:

Brylok 04-06-2020 11:57 PM

Worst SECNAV ever as well. Thomas Modly. As a former sailor, that dude needs to resign ASAP. Absolutely disgusting what he said about the captain of the Theodore Roosevelt. Nobody gets to the position of commanding officer of an aircraft carrier by being naive or stupid. It's a good thing he didn't say that garbage while aboard the TR. Dude might not have made it off the ship. He wouldn't have made it off of mine. "Worst" and "Trump" seem to go hand in hand.

IndyNorm 04-07-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

You'll get no argument from me. I do, however, hope that all of the bickering about Trump doesn't make people lose sight over how hard China fucked the world (including their own citizens) by covering this up, which included lying to the WHO that this wasn't contagious between humans. Because of the cover up no one outside of the Chinese government knew how really bad this was until shit started hitting the fan in Europe, and by then it was too late to contain it.

I'll get off my soapbox now. My apologies for bringing politics into the sports discussion, lol.

Ironshaft 04-07-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 158419)
You'll get no argument from me. I do, however, hope that all of the bickering about Trump doesn't make people lose sight over how hard China fucked the world (including their own citizens) by covering this up, which included lying to the WHO that this wasn't contagious between humans. Because of the cover up no one outside of the Chinese government knew how really bad this was until shit started hitting the fan in Europe, and by then it was too late to contain it.

I'll get off my soapbox now. My apologies for bringing politics into the sports discussion, lol.

Not a soapbox. Cold, hard truth.

Authoritative governments control the media to ensure that only their message gets out. There is no concept in China about the government working for their people's best interest; there is only that a government works towards its own best interest.

China is truly the bad guy in this scenario. Regardless of what you think of the current U.S. administration, don't lose sight of the basic fact that China's government is the complete opposite of a government "of the people, by the people, for the people."

IndyNorm 04-07-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 158434)

Authoritative governments control the media to ensure that only their message gets out. There is no concept in China about the government working for their people's best interest; there is only that a government works towards its own best interest.

China is truly the bad guy in this scenario. Regardless of what you think of the current U.S. administration, don't lose sight of the basic fact that China's government is the complete opposite of a government "of the people, by the people, for the people."

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

JAFF 04-07-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

He would kill his own mother just so that he could use her skin to make a drum to beat his own praises.

rm1369 04-07-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Absolutely agree, however to me the more important thing to not lose sight of is that Trump aspires to the same level of message control. It’s the reason he attacks and attempts to deligitimize any person or institution that disagrees with him. He can’t forbid it like China can so he undermines it. The methods are different, but the goals are the same. Just look at the HHS report on hospitals. He can’t make it go away but he’ll make a large portion of the population disregard it without even considering it.

Brylok 04-07-2020 03:52 PM

And now, apparently, Modly has resigned. Good. Once again it appears that kissing Trump's ass rarely works out well for anyone except Trump.

Chromeburn 04-07-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 158418)
Worst SECNAV ever as well. Thomas Modly. As a former sailor, that dude needs to resign ASAP. Absolutely disgusting what he said about the captain of the Theodore Roosevelt. Nobody gets to the position of commanding officer of an aircraft carrier by being naive or stupid. It's a good thing he didn't say that garbage while aboard the TR. Dude might not have made it off the ship. He wouldn't have made it off of mine. "Worst" and "Trump" seem to go hand in hand.

That whole situation was bullshit. I hope when all this is over there is a review of what they did.

Chromeburn 04-07-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 158412)

Joe Stalin says hold my vodka.

Chromeburn 04-07-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 158419)

China didn't even want to let it out, and didn't want to react to it. The doctor who discovered it was the whistleblower and leaked it. He supposedly died from covid. But if he hadn't, I wonder how much worse it could have been, could have completely blindsided the world. We were still unprepared, but imagine if we just woke up to it while NY hospitals were overflowing.

Chromeburn 04-07-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 158459)
And now, apparently, Modly has resigned. Good. Once again it appears that kissing Trump's ass rarely works out well for anyone except Trump.

Everyone around him is a sycophant. I'm sure he is dying to fire Fauci, but he needs him right now.

Dam8610 04-07-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

And fascist governments have the media controlled by their corporate overlords. I use fascist as defined by Benito Mussolini there. By his definition, it's hard to argue against the country being a fascist oligarchy at present.

JAFF 04-07-2020 08:05 PM

The strength of this nation has been our ability to tell those we elect what we think. To question the governments actions and hold them accountable. Im not sure if that will happen here

Butter 04-07-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 158412)

I said leader, not evil motherfucker. Trump has shit leadership skills for a US president, he says one thing does another and then says something else entirely on twitter, that leads to confusion and distrust.

Brylok 04-08-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 158474)
And fascist governments have the media controlled by their corporate overlords. I use fascist as defined by Benito Mussolini there. By his definition, it's hard to argue against the country being a fascist oligarchy at present.

That's where we're pretty much at. The GOP/Trump's goal is a gangster style oligarchy government like Russia has, and we're almost there. When it happens, his supporters, particularly the poor ones, will wonder why they've been left out of the spoils/graft. What the hell happened?! How come I'm still poor?! And then they'll blame the Democrats/liberals.
Unless there's a massive change, this country is doomed.

Ironshaft 04-08-2020 10:48 AM

The Trump Deranged Syndrome is strong on this board.

Honestly, you think any of the last number of President's was in it "for the people?" Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1? Really? They were all running their own agenda, pushing their own pet projects regardless of how it would negatively effect "the people" and left office incredibly wealthy.

How about the failed candidates? Hillary? Romney? McCain? Kerry? Gore? Dole? Any of those folks "for the people?"

The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan and even he had his own pet projects. He was not a fiscal conservative in any way shape or form and set up what is now the incredibly short sighted deficit spending "norm" for our nation.

His strategy did win the Cold War and restart an economic boom that lifted everyone's boat and I give him a ton of credit for that but our nation and political system no longer offers up politicians at the national level that are not wholly owned by someone else they need to re-pay once in office.

Biden will be better? Hahahahahaha. Bernie? Hillary or Cuomo if they decide to remove Biden because of his obvious mental issues?

Not a one of them are "for the people." They are all in it for themselves and "their" group of folks.

Rage against Trump all you want, but he is the only political "outsider" we have had in office since Eisenhower who is not owned by their political party. His appointment of judges will at least keep our legal system on track to remain loyal to the Constitution for another generation regardless of how bad our political "masters" get.

I am not a fan of Trump's at all but to say he has the "worst" leadership ever or is worse than other President's in making a buck means you have just not studied U.S. history very much. Look at the Grant administration. Look at the Carter term; there are two examples of President's who were much worse that Trump in just about any metric you want to measure with.

My two cents.

Chromeburn 04-08-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 158482)
That's where we're pretty much at. The GOP/Trump's goal is a gangster style oligarchy government like Russia has, and we're almost there. When it happens, his supporters, particularly the poor ones, will wonder why they've been left out of the spoils/graft. What the hell happened?! How come I'm still poor?! And then they'll blame the Democrats/liberals.
Unless there's a massive change, this country is doomed.

When he got elected he constantly asked when he could meet Putin. All the time "when do I get to meet Putin". He idolizes the guy.

I have a college buddy who works in DC, he is head of a legal staff for a long time senator and the GOP. The stories he tells me are nuts. They can't stand the guy but the party loves him so they go along. Everyone complains about the deep state, but the deep state are the ones shielding or tempering us from his illogical decisions. Half the time he is simply motivated to stay in the headlines. As long as he is in the headlines he thinks he will win re-election. He is a complete narcissist and has zero empathy. Its all a con and tells people what they want to hear so he can get what he wants.

Racehorse 04-08-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 158500)

Honestly, you think any of the last number of President's was in it "for the people?" Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1? Really? They were all running their own agenda, pushing their own pet projects regardless of how it would negatively effect "the people" and left office incredibly wealthy.

How about the failed candidates? Hillary? Romney? McCain? Kerry? Gore? Dole? Any of those folks "for the people?"

The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan and even he had his own pet projects. He was not a fiscal conservative in any way shape or form and set up what is now the incredibly short sighted deficit spending "norm" for our nation.

His strategy did win the Cold War and restart an economic boom that lifted everyone's boat and I give him a ton of credit for that but our nation and political system no longer offers up politicians at the national level that are not wholly owned by someone else they need to re-pay once in office.

Biden will be better? Hahahahahaha. Bernie? Hillary or Cuomo if they decide to remove Biden because of his obvious mental issues?

Not a one of them are "for the people." They are all in it for themselves and "their" group of folks.

Rage against Trump all you want, but he is the only political "outsider" we have had in office since Eisenhower who is not owned by their political party. His appointment of judges will at least keep our legal system on track to remain loyal to the Constitution for another generation regardless of how bad our political "masters" get.

I am not a fan of Trump's at all but to say he has the "worst" leadership ever or is worse than other President's in making a buck means you have just not studied U.S. history very much. Look at the Grant administration. Look at the Carter term; there are two examples of President's who were much worse that Trump in just about any metric you want to measure with.

My two cents.

Prepare to be attacked by people who think the guy in the White House is the most important part of their lives. It is sad that they can hate him so much, but thought it was wrong of anyone to question Obama in any way. News flash: the President does not make you life better or worse; you do!

rm1369 04-08-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron shaft (Post 158500)

Ahh, the old everyone is corrupt, so my guy isn’t that bad argument. One of conservatives current favorites. I could list all the ways Trump is more corrupt and more dangerous but we both know it wouldn’t matter. If you can’t see the level of Trumps corruption and the frequency of his out right lies then there isn’t much that can be said. You’ve decided to put politics above principles- if you even have any.

Quote:

The last President that I think was working for the people was Reagan....

Maybe....unless you were black, gay, or had a mental illness.

Quote:

Ahh, Trump the outsider, another favorite. He’s definitely doing your bidding. Some brand of conservatives see government as naturally corrupt and ineffective, so they elect people who help prove them right. Congrats, you got a fucking winner this time!

Oh yeah judges! The holy grail! They are doing a great job defending the constitution- man that was awesome what they’ve done with the Wisconsin primary! About fucking time someone made it so difficult to vote during a pandemic and with only 5 of 180 polling stations open in Milwaukee! What an absolutely win for Americans! Constitution defended! I’m seriously amazed at how often defending the constitution helps suppress voter turnout or voter disenfranchisement, harms POC, or other minority groups.

Man, I really am amazed at people in this country. I understand having different views on how to accomplish things. But I don’t understand electing an ignorant con man as POTUS. I don’t understand putting politics above principles. I respect conservatives, but I have zero respect for Trump supporters - and I many in my family. I simply can’t respect willful ignorance. And I can’t respect someone that decides getting their judges is worth the damage being done to this country’s institutions internationally and domestically. That’s my 2 cents.

rm1369 04-08-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 158504)
Prepare to be attacked by people who think the guy in the White House is the most important part of their lives. It is sad that they can hate him so much, but thought it was wrong of anyone to question Obama in any way. News flash: the President does not make you life better or worse; you do!

My life has been fine under Trump, just as it had been under Obama. Some people believe in higher principles than just what affects them daily. But admittedly, that’s not a typical Trumpian view is it? I can see the danger and damage of Trump while my life is just fine. Kinda weird conservatives want it both ways - your life is on you, Trump isn’t effecting it. But he’s great because he’ll appoint judges that will rule in certain ways! Can’t have it both ways. Either government has an affect or it doesn’t. But if you don’t see the issues with having the leader of a country brag about his television ratings during a pandemic or mocks a disabled reporter then there isn’t much that can be said to you. Either you have values or you don’t.

omahacolt 04-08-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 158507)
Ahh, the old everyone is corrupt, so my guy isn’t that bad argument. One of conservatives current favorites. I could list all the ways Trump is more corrupt and more dangerous but we both know it wouldn’t matter. If you can’t see the level of Trumps corruption and the frequency of his out right lies then there isn’t much that can be said. You’ve decided to put politics above principles- if you even have any.

Maybe....unless you were black, gay, or had a mental illness.

Ahh, Trump the outsider, another favorite. He’s definitely doing your bidding. Some brand of conservatives see government as naturally corrupt and ineffective, so they elect people who help prove them right. Congrats, you got a fucking winner this time!

Oh yeah judges! The holy grail! They are doing a great job defending the constitution- man that was awesome what they’ve done with the Wisconsin primary! About fucking time someone made it so difficult to vote during a pandemic and with only 5 of 180 polling stations open in Milwaukee! What an absolutely win for Americans! Constitution defended! I’m seriously amazed at how often defending the constitution helps suppress voter turnout or voter disenfranchisement, harms POC, or other minority groups.

Man, I really am amazed at people in this country. I understand having different views on how to accomplish things. But I don’t understand electing an ignorant con man as POTUS. I don’t understand putting politics above principles. I respect conservatives, but I have zero respect for Trump supporters - and I many in my family. I simply can’t respect willful ignorance. And I can’t respect someone that decides getting their judges is worth the damage being done to this country’s institutions internationally and domestically. That’s my 2 cents.

Very well said. 100% true

omahacolt 04-08-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 158504)

There is nothing sad about hating trump. It means you have a well adjusted moral compass.

I understand conservatives, liberals and libertarians. I don’t understand the love for trump. Unchecked political power in the hands of that mfer should not make anyone’s dick hard. No ethics, integrity as a man, and no morals.