ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mike Tannenbaum makes my head hurt (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118657)

Kray007 02-24-2021 07:19 PM

Mike Tannenbaum makes my head hurt

The ESPN commentator and ex Jet GM has declared that he doesn’t like the Wentz trade. He says that, after acquiring Wentz, the Colts have the 4th best QB in the division.

That’s fine...everyone is entitled to an opinion. But, what baffles me is that, buried in his analysis, is the observation that Wentz Will be an improvement over Andrew Luck.

I don’t know about anyone else here, but if he’s right, I think its time to start booking tickets to the Super Bowl.

Butter 02-24-2021 07:41 PM

Wentz is guaranteed to be better in 2021 than Andrew luck.

JAFF 02-24-2021 07:58 PM

And why is Tannenbaum on ESPN and not a GM?

Brylok 02-25-2021 12:28 AM

Stop watching that crap. Just watch the games.

Spike 02-25-2021 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 187637)
Stop watching that crap. Just watch the games.

I am with you Brylok. I can't even watch ESPN or FS1 anymore. Dumb asses that only make us stupider. The only decent sports shows in my opinions are Get Up with Greenberg and, shit, I can't think of any other one. Cowherd is an arrogant bastard along with Joy. Skip and Shannon are worthless, as is Steven A Smith and Max Kellerman. I get way better information on this board than I do their shows.

Racehorse 02-25-2021 07:02 AM

The dude is stirring the pot. One has to wonder if he is really this dumb (he was fired from two teams who got worse under his leadership) or if he is the lone naysayer because he is paid to be that or if he wants to be the guy who can sit back and say, “I told you so!” If it goes poorly.

Ironshaft 02-25-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 187640)
I get way better information on this board than I do their shows.

That is one crazy and scary sentence right there, my friend.

Crazy and scary!

Chromeburn 02-25-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 187626)
The ESPN commentator and ex Jet GM has declared that he doesn’t like the Wentz trade. He says that, after acquiring Wentz, the Colts have the 4th best QB in the division.

That’s fine...everyone is entitled to an opinion. But, what baffles me is that, buried in his analysis, is the observation that Wentz Will be an improvement over Andrew Luck.

I don’t know about anyone else here, but if he’s right, I think its time to start booking tickets to the Super Bowl.

Meh, no one else really wanted him. But we were the best option for him. It’s a risk, a calculated risk. I do find it interesting all the parallels between the KC Alex Smith trade. Wentz might just be a for right now QB. Anyway, we gambled, hopefully it pats off. All these prognosticators can see the future about as easily as we can.

Chromeburn 02-25-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 187649)
That is one crazy and scary sentence right there, my friend.

Crazy and scary!

It’s mainly because they don’t know the team as well as we do. It’s lazy reporting. Honestly when people talk about the media not reporting this and that, most of the time I don’t think it’s intentional, I think it’s simply lazy half-ass reporting. Not a conspiracy, just good ole human laziness.

TheMugwump 02-25-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 187659)
It’s mainly because they don’t know the team as well as we do. It’s lazy reporting. Honestly when people talk about the media not reporting this and that, most of the time I don’t think it’s intentional, I think it’s simply lazy half-ass reporting. Not a conspiracy, just good ole human laziness.

YES! You sir, are correct! I'd take my hat off to you, if I had a hat!