ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Head Coaching Search (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31733)

1965southpaw 02-05-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 54563)
How does Florio have a job?

Because the standard for journalism for some no longer is about getting it right. It's all numbers of clicks and this kind of trolling, trashy article gets the clicks. JMV was saying he refuses to have florio on his show because in the past when florid has gotten other stories wrong his defense is always "well it's what I heard". Nowhere in this douchbag's thinking is "well I got it right".

Coltsalr 02-05-2018 08:21 PM

Looks like we’re getting the Patriots Special Teams Coach too:

@kirkmin
Source: McDaniels is going to Indy, bringing Joe Judge with him as special teams coach.

Last night notwithstanding, Patriots are always buttoned up on Special Teams, this is a good hire.

rcubed 02-06-2018 01:17 AM

It's a mass exodus out of new england

sherck 02-06-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 54582)
Looks like we’re getting the Patriots Special Teams Coach too:

@kirkmin
Source: McDaniels is going to Indy, bringing Joe Judge with him as special teams coach.

Last night notwithstanding, Patriots are always buttoned up on Special Teams, this is a good hire.

To me, this one is a bit of a head scratcher.

Both O and D Coordinators leaving for HC jobs? No brainer; I understand why that is happening. Promotions are always good.

But moving to a new team as ST coach as a lateral move? Okay, that happens too.

But from the 2 times in last 4 years world champions? Basically picking McDaniels over Bellicheat? Huh?

A Cheats fan co-worker made the comment last off season/draft time that it felt like Bellicheat was going "all in" on their personnel moves. Trading away draft picks that he never does, signing 1 year contracts which he does not do often, etc. Basically mortgaging the future for the sake of today.

I wonder if something bigger is brewing in Cheatsland than just coordinators moving on and business as usual?

Speculation on my part without any supporting facts other than one puzzling move, IMO.

Walk Worthy,

VeveJones007 02-06-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 54604)
To me, this one is a bit of a head scratcher.

Both O and D Coordinators leaving for HC jobs? No brainer; I understand why that is happening. Promotions are always good.

But moving to a new team as ST coach as a lateral move? Okay, that happens too.

But from the 2 times in last 4 years world champions? Basically picking McDaniels over Bellicheat? Huh?

A Cheats fan co-worker made the comment last off season/draft time that it felt like Bellicheat was going "all in" on their personnel moves. Trading away draft picks that he never does, signing 1 year contracts which he does not do often, etc. Basically mortgaging the future for the sake of today.

I wonder if something bigger is brewing in Cheatsland than just coordinators moving on and business as usual?

Speculation on my part without any supporting facts other than one puzzling move, IMO.

Walk Worthy,

We've heard that Brady won the power struggle. It's likely that coaches see the writing on the wall and are jumping ship while they are at their highest value.

smitty46953 02-06-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 54604)

Walk Worthy,

With that alone you could be a journalist in your next career ... :cool:

HoosierinFL 02-06-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 54578)
Because the standard for journalism for some no longer is about getting it right. It's all numbers of clicks and this kind of trolling, trashy article gets the clicks. JMV was saying he refuses to have florio on his show because in the past when florid has gotten other stories wrong his defense is always "well it's what I heard". Nowhere in this douchbag's thinking is "well I got it right".

and so now Florio is backtracking, says McDaniels to Indy after all - but is not admitting he was wrong, just insisting that "there was something going on but no one is sure exactly what". In other words, there was nothing going on and he made it all up.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...olts/#comments

1965southpaw 02-06-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 54619)
and so now Florio is backtracking, says McDaniels to Indy after all - but is not admitting he was wrong, just insisting that "there was something going on but no one is sure exactly what". In other words, there was nothing going on and he made it all up.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...olts/#comments

Florio doubles down on douchery.......SMDH. :confused::cool::eek:

Discflinger 02-06-2018 04:21 PM

Wooooofucknnnnnoooioo!

Discflinger 02-06-2018 04:22 PM

Strap in, boys. We are in for some Lombardis.