ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   JAX game silver linings (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149739)

Ironshaft 09-18-2022 05:27 PM

JAX game silver linings

So, lots of threads on the board highlighting our anger, frustration, and disgust at the Colts performance today. It was ugly. Heads need to roll. Changes need to happen if anything is to be salvaged from the season.

But, did you see anything good from today? Any silver linings?

Because, I am having trouble seeing any.

Ummmm, our new kicker did not miss today and had no kickoffs out of bounds!

What else?

Oldcolt 09-18-2022 05:28 PM

We are in play to get a shot at a franchise QB next year.

IndyNorm 09-18-2022 05:33 PM

My Sunday afternoons have opened up for the rest of the season.

TheMugwump 09-18-2022 05:36 PM

Pittman just went to the head of the line for a big contract?

More of a silver lining for him, I suppose.

nate505 09-18-2022 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 239960)
So, lots of threads on the board highlighting our anger, frustration, and disgust at the Colts performance today. It was ugly. Heads need to roll. Changes need to happen if anything is to be salvaged from the season.

But, did you see anything good from today? Any silver linings?

Because, I am having trouble seeing any.

Ummmm, our new kicker did not miss today and had no kickoffs out of bounds!

What else?

Literally nothing other than the punting was pretty good

Hoopsdoc 09-18-2022 05:41 PM

At this point, I hope they lose 49-0 next week.

This team, as currently constituted, is finished.

It’s time for Jim to blow it all up and start over. Keep Taylor, Pittman, Leonard, and maybe Quentin Nelson. No one outside of those guys gives a flying f**k.

Literally everyone else has to be evaluated with an eye toward improving. Trade whoever they can for draft picks.

Target the season after next as the season to make a move.

ChoppedWood 09-18-2022 05:46 PM

Probably put it on a trajectory where barring some form of miraculous run to the AFC Champ game, Frank is a goner. This one will resonate with Jim bigtime. Even with a nice mid season bump and even if he could muster a 1st round win in the PO's, Jim has no choice but to shit can this loser.

IndyNorm 09-18-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 239967)
Probably put it on a trajectory where barring some form of miraculous run to the AFC Champ game, Frank is a goner. This one will resonate with Jim bigtime. Even with a nice mid season bump and even if he could muster a 1st round win in the PO's, Jim has no choice but to shit can this loser.

If we somehow make the playoffs and especially if we win there, Jim won't fire Frank. But that's not going to happen. This entire team just bent over and spread their ass cheeks as soon as the Jagoffs came out of the tunnel. And then they just stayed in the same position and took the ass ramming the entire game.

YDFL Commish 09-18-2022 06:19 PM

We didn't need to use the FG kicker.

Thorgrim 09-18-2022 06:25 PM

Nope