ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Larry Warford (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101303)

jasperhobbs 05-15-2020 02:36 PM

Larry Warford

I think the colts should sign him and have glowinski as a backup. Warford is road grader and not bad in pass protection. Perhaps a 2 year deal.

JAFF 05-15-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasperhobbs (Post 161376)
I think the colts should sign him and have glowinski as a backup. Warford is road grader and not bad in pass protection. Perhaps a 2 year deal.

Salary cap might be a problem

Dam8610 05-15-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 161382)
Salary cap might be a problem

They have about $20 million, it should be fine.

JAFF 05-15-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 161384)

Says you. A team almost needs 15 million going into the season to sign free agents and whoever they can fine to replace guys who get hurt and must be replaced during the season.

10 years ago having 12 million in Space seemed like a luxury. Now 20 million seems to be cutting it short.

JAFF 05-15-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 161384)

Says you. A team almost needs 15 million going into the season to sign free agents and whoever they can fine to replace guys who get hurt and must be replaced during the season.

10 years ago having 12 million in Space seemed like a luxury. Now 20 million seems to be cutting it short.

I’m not an expert, I just know you’ve got to have enough money in reserve to replace people and this is at least a two-year contract.

jasperhobbs 05-16-2020 06:54 AM

I read somewhere he wants 7 million a year. Colts have the cap space to sign him.

Maniac 05-16-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 161385)

Colts have plenty of space to sign him. Glowinski should be a backup at best.

Chaka 05-17-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 161440)
On Hulu there is a mock documentary or satire called the CSA confederate states of America about the confederate states winning the civil war. Kind of like the man in the high castle, it is set in an alternate universe and depicts an alternate history. Funny, sometimes chilling, and well thought out. It depicts an America that never entered WW2 and become friends with the Nazi's. Legalized slavery and went to war with South America. Where Canada is the bastion of freedom, human rights, and progress..

Interesting, but what does this have to do with Larry Warford?

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 05-17-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasperhobbs (Post 161376)

I think any multi-year deal is problematic right now due to the uncertainty surrounding the 2021 salary cap.

If all regular season and playoff games are played this season without fans at the stadium, the projected salary cap could drop by 25 to 30%....that means the salary cap could decrease to about 140 million in that scenario. The Colts are in relatively good shape with respect to the 2021 cap right now.....however, there are several players due a contract extension next year along with whatever the Colts decide to do with the QB position.

I'm sure the players union and owners will sit down and try to negotiate an alternate arrangement for 2021 and beyond - a few ideas have already been floated to the media - but until the 2021 situation is resolved, I doubt many teams will be looking to add a lot of guaranteed money commitments to their 2021 cap number.

YDFL Commish 05-17-2020 08:07 PM

Is Glowinski really that much of a liability? I really don't think so. We can't have Pro Bowl caliber OL at every position, it's just not realistic and has never been done. I mean he beat out Joe Haeg, who was previously starting for us, yet Haeg is going to compete for starting job with the Bucs.

Maybe Pinter beats him out, but OL is the least of my worries.