ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Get vaccinated (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123103)

JAFF 06-20-2021 04:45 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fa...ocid=Peregrine

Dr. Anthony Fauci is pushing back more pointedly against attacks criticizing his evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Axios reported Sunday.

"The people who are giving the ad hominems are saying, 'Ah, Fauci misled us. First he said no masks, then he said masks,'" Fauci told New York Times columnist Kara Swisher, according to Axios. "Well, let me give you a flash. That's the way science works. You work with the data you have at the time," he said.

"It is essential as a scientist that you evolve your opinion and your recommendations based on the data as it evolves," Fauci said, according to Axios. "And that's the reason why I say people who then criticize me about that are actually criticizing science."

As hospitals experienced a severe shortage of personal protective equipment, or PPE, during the early months of the pandemic, Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, along with the CDC and World Health Organization, initially told people not to wear masks.

But as PPE suppliers ramped up production and data emerged that asymptomatic carriers could spread the virus, Fauci and public health agencies reversed course, with the CDC saying in July that "universal masking" could help the US control the virus in four to eight weeks.

"It was not a change because I felt like flip-flopping. It was a change because the evidence changed, the data changed," Fauci told Swisher, according to Axios, in his latest defense of his position on masks.

Masks have been a political flashpoint for nearly the entire pandemic, while Fauci became a frequent punching bag for former President Donald Trump as well as right-wing media figures who repeatedly downplayed the virus and spread conspiracies and misinformation about everything from the health risks of COVID-19 to Fauci himself.

But Fauci, according to Axios, said he puts "very little weight in the adulation, and very little weight in the craziness of condemning me," and that what has bothered him the most is death threats against him and his family.

JAFF 06-20-2021 04:54 PM

Delta variant infecting mounting number of people in rural Kansas and Missouri

Quote:

The delta coronavirus variant is infecting a mounting number of people in rural Kansas and Missouri.

The variant, first detected in India in October, was upgraded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention this week from a "variant of interest" to a "variant of concern." The CDC estimates the delta variant accounts for about 10% of new cases in the U.S.

Recent Stories from ABC News

Top Articles

READ MORE

Major damage to Alabama mobile home park amid tropical storm

Missouri had the highest percentage of the delta variant at 6.8% of reported cases as of May 22, the latest CDC data.

Data from the CDC shows high community transmission in rural parts of Missouri and Kansas -- regions already struggling with slow vaccination rates.

PHOTO: In this Feb. 11, 2021, file photo, Staff Sergeant Herbert Lins of the Missouri Army National Guard administers the Covid-19 vaccine to a resident during a vaccination event in St Louis, Missouri.
Michael Thomas/Getty Images, FILE
Michael Thomas/Getty Images, FILE
In this Feb. 11, 2021, file photo, Staff Sergeant Herbert Lins of the Missouri Army Nation...Read More
In southwest Missouri there's been a spike in the number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations.

Kendra Findley, the administrator of community health and epidemiology with Green County, said that random testing of virus samples shows increasing cases of the delta strain.

"It shows us that what we've got in the community is a much more infectious variant that we are having to deal with, which shows why we have such an explosion of cases not just in Greene County, but in southwest Missouri," she told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

MORE: Delta COVID-19 variant is now in more than 80 countries, WHO says
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services issued a news release Wednesday saying that the state "is experiencing a rise in individuals contracting the Delta variant," while urging locals to get vaccinated.

Missouri is now leading the nation with the most new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 residents over the last seven days, according to The New York Times tracker.

Mercy Hospital Springfield issued a plea on social media for Missourians to get vaccinated, painting a somber picture of the crisis unfolding at hospitals in the area.

"Bed capacity is strained. ED waits are long. COVID patients are younger, sicker and unvaccinated. Vaccines are free, available and effective. What are you waiting for? 82? 102? 152? What about 1? 1 person you care about? You?" wrote Erik Frederick, Mercy's chief administrative officer chief administrative officer.

In Missouri, 43.4% of the population has initiated vaccination and 37.7% have completed vaccination, according to state data.

PHOTO: In this March 5, 2021, file photo, a Graves Drug pharmacist administers a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine to a worker at the Creekstone Farms Premium Beef LLC processing plant in Arkansas City, Kansas.
Bloomberg via Getty Images, FILE
Bloomberg via Getty Images, FILE
In this March 5, 2021, file photo, a Graves Drug pharmacist administers a dose of the Co...Read More
The delta variant is becoming a source of growing concern in the neighboring state of Kansas as well.

"The CDC estimates delta accounts for about 10% of new cases [in Kansas]," Amanda Cackler, director of quality and safety at the University of Kansas Health System told Kansas City, Missouri, ABC affiliate KMBC. "We have had and continue to have deaths of patients who have had COVID-19. Our most recent one was on the 12th of June."

In Kansas, 43.6% of the state is vaccinated with one dose and 37.6% are fully vaccinated, according to the state's health department tracker.

Officials, including CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, said the COVID-19 vaccines protect against all variants and the best way to protect yourself from the delta variant is to get vaccinated.

MORE: CDC director warns delta variant could soon become dominant coronavirus strain in US
The pressure is higher than ever to get more of these rural populations inoculated.

"Our biggest concern really is that we're running out of arms, and so it's really trying to get folks in situations where they can get their vaccine because we have plenty of inventory," Cackler told KMBC.

The CDC has identified two regions -- the Midwest and Mountain West states -- as having the estimated largest percentages of new delta variant cases. In the Midwest, which includes Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, the delta strain accounts for 23.5% of all cases, the CDC reported.

Overall, the delta variant has been reported in more than 80 countries, according to the World Health Organization.

Walensky warned Friday that the variant could soon become the dominant strain in the United States.

"I think that that's probably going to be the case," Walensky told "Good Morning America."

Nationally, 53.1% of the U.S. population has received at least one vaccine dose and 44.7% is fully vaccinated, according to CDC data.

JAFF 06-22-2021 07:39 AM

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/22/us/fl...eak/index.html

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 06-23-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 195866)
If you ever want an education on mask and their proper usage, let me know and I will give you one. I taught 30 hour OSHA and lead paint abatement. A third of my classes were on mask, microns and their ability as a stand alone barrier to prevent contamination.

Have you actually completed a respirator fit test yourself? How often have you gone through a fit test? Do you have to routinely wear a mask at work to protect yourself from a chemical? What chemical or substance? Lead paint? - How cute.

Or is your entire "knowledge" from what you read in a book? You read from a book and regurgitate the content to others.

Lov2fish 06-30-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 196006)
Have you actually completed a respirator fit test yourself? How often have you gone through a fit test? Do you have to routinely wear a mask at work to protect yourself from a chemical? What chemical or substance? Lead paint? - How cute.

Or is your entire "knowledge" from what you read in a book? You read from a book and regurgitate the content to others.

You're as retarded as your cohort. You two should get a room. Fucking twits.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 06-30-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 196227)
You're as retarded as your cohort. You two should get a room.

Based on this response, it seems to me that you don't personally wear a respirator for work on any normal frequency.

Little to no real life experience.

Just book reading and instructing others off of what you read in a book.

JAFF 06-30-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 196230)
Based on this response, it seems to me that you don't personally wear a respirator for work on any normal frequency.

Thank you, excellent summation

omahacolt 07-04-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 195668)
What does MAGA have to do with any of this? It amazes me that any subject that comes up, people want to take the opportunity to criticize Trump. Hard working Americans are NOT criticizing Trump, he was good for us. Don't you want to Make America Great Again?

I know I piss a lot of people off on this board, especially when it comes to this subject, but that's ok I'm not going to apologize for it. I say what I think, feel and believe in.

If I get banned from this site for my beliefs, so be it. Hell, I've told Omaha to ban me numerous times.

As far as the shot goes, take it or don't take it. I don't give a shit. I have no issues with either side. This is still the USA and people have a right to their freedom.

I would never ban you for anything you say. that is completely against my beliefs on how websites should be ran.

i am a big boy. i couldn't care less if you insult me or practice a certain religion or vote for domestic terrorists like trump. thats your decision.

Lov2fish 07-08-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 196230)

Dipshit, I spray conversion coatings everyday. one of the most toxic chemical coatings available. My respirator system is not some shit you Joe Blow homeowners get at Home Depot. Again, none of the fucking shit you people put on your face to protect you from a virus with a 99.23% survival rate will even protect you from a common cold. But, hey, ya know, common sense is not a flower that grows in everyone's garden, especially your infertile patch of contaminated dirt.

I just know one of you two, or maybe both wear a mask in the shower, or home alone. I guarantee both you retarded fucks wear one in your car while driving, alone.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 07-09-2021 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 196489)
Dipshit, I spray conversion coatings everyday. one of the most toxic chemical coatings available. My respirator system is not some shit you Joe Blow homeowners get at Home Depot.

Hahahahahaha. You keep digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole.

Based on this thread, it appears that you can only do 3 things:

1) make up statements and present them as fact. Again, the comment that it is easier to win the lottery jackpot than die from COVID-19. It took all of two minutes to look up the odds on the Hoosier Lottery, MegaMillions and Powerball websites to prove that was complete BS.

2) make assumptions about me and my family. You made assumptions about how my relatives died. Those assumptions were wrong. Now you are making assumptions about my occupation. Again, you are wrong.

3) make insults - this is really the only thing it appears you are good at.

I got a laugh out of the conversion coatings comment. That was quite funny.

I am not some "weekend warrior" where I purchase some random chemicals from Home Depot to use at home.

For most of my life I have worked in industrial chemical plants. I have worked with chemicals that are way more hazardous than conversion coatings. Not one. Not two. Almost every chemical I deal with is more hazardous than conversion coatings.

For example, some of the chemicals that I work with are covered by the Chemical Weapons Convention. I had to give a tour of my chemical plant to an international team of auditors to demonstrate that we were not stockpiling the chemicals for chemical warfare. That audit was an interesting experience. Before the audit team showed up, we had an advance team from the FBI, the Department of Defense and Department of Commerce show up at our plant to brief us about the audit - what to expect and how to exhibit compliance with the treaty. Let me guess - you have had the exact same experience, right? With your conversion coatings? LOL

I have to get fit tested every year with a full face mask. I wear it nearly every day at work with supplied air (no disposable type masks nor filter cartridge masks will work with these chemicals). I don't have to wear a mask with supplied air all day long - but during certain tasks and activities throughout the day.

It looks like your job is more of the weekend warrior type. Maybe you work with chemicals that are a little worse and a little more hazardous than what you find at Home Depot, but not that much based on a few SDS's that I looked at. However, if your workplace doesn't have an adequate ventilation system or proper engineering controls, I understand that bad things could still happen when using conversion coatings.