ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marlon Mack (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119769)

jasperhobbs 03-17-2021 08:14 PM

Marlon Mack

Awesome re-signing at a very reasonable cost. Good move Ballard

Chromeburn 03-17-2021 08:39 PM

What are the numbers? I like Mack, seasons for RBs after an Achilles tear are not great though. But he is great in the locker room. And if he can just stay healthy I think he can do a lot of damage.

Lawrence Owen 03-17-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 189065)
What are the numbers? I like Mack, seasons for RBs after an Achilles tear are not great though. But he is great in the locker room. And if he can just stay healthy I think he can do a lot of damage.

1 year, 2mil.
Amazing contract. If he doesn't get back to near his former self, no big loss.

If he does, HUGE implications for the Colts backfield.

Chromeburn 03-17-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen (Post 189066)
1 year, 2mil.
Amazing contract. If he doesn't get back to near his former self, no big loss.

If he does, HUGE implications for the Colts backfield.

Odds are against him on a Achilles tear. Still, not a bad contract. And he won’t be a work horse. I would probably expect a better showing in the second half of the season than the first.

Butter 03-17-2021 10:44 PM

I am good with this at that money.

Puck 03-17-2021 10:56 PM

I freakin love it. Not worried about the injury. That's what they pay the DR's for. If they're good I'm good.

I'm not the biggest Mack fan in the world but DAAAAAMN this backfield it gonna be LEGIT!!! Yea I know it is the same as last yr, but that's before we saw what JT could do!

Wentz may not have to throw a pass this yr. HAHA

smitty46953 03-17-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 189090)
I freakin love it. Not worried about the injury. That's what they pay the DR's for. If they're good I'm good.

I'm not the biggest Mack fan in the world but DAAAAAMN this backfield it gonna be LEGIT!!!

Wentz may not have to throw a pass this yr. HAHA

Probably a good thing, couple injuries from no one to throw it too, except Hines.
:eek:

Butter 03-17-2021 11:11 PM

Reading somewhere a post I can't find now that Mack is only going to cost us just shy of 800k, due to a veteran contract thing in the CBA. Worst case if he is not ready or just done the Colts are doing him a solid. I like that.

ZionsvilleColtsFan 03-17-2021 11:17 PM

Glad to see Colts sign Mack. Team has plenty of cap space and needs to start tapping inti it.

Racehorse 03-18-2021 08:24 AM

I like this for two reasons. First, it brings back a locker room guy at a good price, Second, it sends the message to other Colts players that when Ballard says he would like to bring you back, he is being honest (cough, TY, cough).