ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Colts WILL win the SB THIS year (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135952)

Puck 12-20-2021 12:34 AM

The Colts WILL win the SB THIS year

It has been in my mind and now in my bones. This team is perfectly built to run the table.

Yes we lack a substantial pass rush

Yes Wentz can be sketchy at times

BUT!!!!!!!

We have THE BEST running back in the NFL

We have a D that is opportunistic

Even though Wentz is "sometimes" sketchy HE CAN throw the ball, run the ball and make plays. He's pretty good

Turn over advantage. Colts every game

Running game advantage Colts every game

Scoring? We put up some points early every game!!!!!

We dont have PM or AL but what we have CAN AND WILL win ths SB

There is no team we have played that we wouldnt beat right now if we faced them again....NOT ONE

Only teams that scare me are the Cowboys because of their D and the Bucs because of Brady

No team in the AFC scares me!!!!!

Bring on the tacks in the first round. Lets pound the ball down the Chiefs throat and go to the SB!!!!

Nope. I'm not drunk. I believe!!!!!

START BELIEVING..... START BELIEVING!!!!!!

rm1369 12-20-2021 12:52 AM

I love the optimism and I wouldn’t be completely surprised if they won this year, but I think they are at least a year away. The lack of pass rush is what I think limits them. They are showing the window is open and it’s now on Ballard to complete the team and push them over the top.

ChoppedWood 12-20-2021 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 216557)
I love the optimism and I wouldn’t be completely surprised if they won this year, but I think they are at least a year away. The lack of pass rush is what I think limits them. They are showing the window is open and it’s now on Ballard to complete the team and push them over the top.

My greatest worry is the WR position. Playoffs are a different animal. I fear we look a lot like the KC team with Larry Johnson that was terrifying until the moment came when they HAD to pass the ball and there just wasn't enough there. We really need another WR to step up and I just don't see that this year. Without Pittman this passing attack is not threatening at all.

Butter 12-20-2021 01:53 AM

Would be a great SB story.

Spike 12-20-2021 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 216550)
It has been in my mind and now in my bones. This team is perfectly built to run the table.

Yes we lack a substantial pass rush

Yes Wentz can be sketchy at times

BUT!!!!!!!

We have THE BEST running back in the NFL

We have a D that is opportunistic

Even though Wentz is "sometimes" sketchy HE CAN throw the ball, run the ball and make plays. He's pretty good

Turn over advantage. Colts every game

Running game advantage Colts every game

Scoring? We put up some points early every game!!!!!

We dont have PM or AL but what we have CAN AND WILL win ths SB

There is no team we have played that we wouldnt beat right now if we faced them again....NOT ONE

Only teams that scare me are the Cowboys because of their D and the Bucs because of Brady

No team in the AFC scares me!!!!!

Bring on the tacks in the first round. Lets pound the ball down the Chiefs throat and go to the SB!!!!

Nope. I'm not drunk. I believe!!!!!

START BELIEVING..... START BELIEVING!!!!!!

Great post Puck. I will say this though, Brady just got the fuck shut out tonight. The Cowboys defense is great against the pass, but Taylor will fuck them up. Love Parsons, wish we had him, but Taylor will run like a madman against that team. I can't remember where I read it, but someone close to the NFL talking heads said that no one wants to play the Colts in the playoffs.
For the first time in forever, the Colts are the fucking physical team and I love it.

rm1369 12-20-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 216559)
My greatest worry is the WR position. Playoffs are a different animal. I fear we look a lot like the KC team with Larry Johnson that was terrifying until the moment came when they HAD to pass the ball and there just wasn't enough there. We really need another WR to step up and I just don't see that this year. Without Pittman this passing attack is not threatening at all.

Yeah WR2 is an issue as well, but there is the possibility of Campbell returning and adding at least a threat. It’s a strange feeling, but I find myself actually rooting for some bad weather playoff games. Handicapping the passing game helps the Colts on both sides of the ball. They for once are built for it.

Racehorse 12-20-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 216573)
Yeah WR2 is an issue as well, but there is the possibility of Campbell returning and adding at least a threat. It’s a strange feeling, but I find myself actually rooting for some bad weather playoff games. Handicapping the passing game helps the Colts on both sides of the ball. They for once are built for it.

If Campbell returns in good shape, TY could benefit greatly. He can be very elusive, especially if Pittman and Campbell are getting loads of attention from the DBs.

ukcolt 12-20-2021 10:21 AM

I am not so sure that T.Y. can't still be that spark. He has battled through some injuries, but has caught pretty much everything thrown his way this year, from what i can recall. Missed quite a few games, and some of those he has played in, we have decided to emphasis the run. He still knows how to get open.

Colts And Orioles 12-20-2021 02:02 PM

o

When Brady played for the Patriots, the teams around him always scared me more than Brady himself ...... and I still feel the same way about the Buccaneers team that is around him.

o

CletusPyle 12-20-2021 02:20 PM

I've said it before in game threads, there are times I don't see how anybody can beat us....then it's like they just lose their momentum and the game flips on them! I believe this team is certainly capable of winning it all, but these lapses, especially in the second half scare me....if they continue to have those I believe a good team will knock them off.

Having to win three games on the road is a tall order, they need to win the division to give themselves a much more realistic chance to pull it off! But I love the optimism!