ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   McAfee on DD show today (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8230)

1965southpaw 05-26-2017 01:41 PM

McAfee on DD show today

Picked up some interesting Colts tidbits from McAfee on the Dakich show today.....no idea how true any of this is.....his disdain of grigson is well documented so I'm taking it all with a grain of salt......He claims that the offensive talent drafted in 2012 (including fleenor, Hilton, Dwayne Allen) were all a result of Bruce Arians scouting/influence not Grigson and that even after Chuck came back he wanted to stay as OC and coach Andrew and the collection of offensive weapons he selected but that Grigson questioned his loyalty and actively encouraged him to consider other opportunities. Also re Trent Richardson, he claims he was a horrible team mate and he wasn't referring to the fact that he was not productive. He said he always had the headsets on and never engaged with any of his team mates. He also resented that he never seemed upset when the team lost. He recounted a plane trip home after a bad loss in Dallas where TRich was celebrating winning a craps game in the locker room.

rcubed 05-26-2017 02:10 PM

I assume you meant to put grigson, not ballard

1965southpaw 05-26-2017 02:23 PM

Oops. Sorry you are correct. I fixed it. At least I was consistently wrong.

omahacolt 05-26-2017 04:38 PM

mcafee is a big dumb asshole

i am sure it is bullshit. at least the grigson part. it is funny how people put all the blame on grigson for being so terrible and assign someone else the responsibility for things that went right. that sure is fucking convenient.

this tyrant grigson let the oc pick 3 players in his very first draft. and all of this was discussed with the dipshit punter

Butter 05-26-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 14330)

this tyrant grigson let the oc pick 3 players in his very first draft. and all of this was discussed with the dipshit punter

While I have little doubt that every GM listens to input from The HC and Coordinators on draft picks, certainly they are ultimately making the pick. Pat probably had very little knowledge of how all that went down, he is grinding his ax.

Hoopsdoc 05-27-2017 03:21 PM

I like Patty Mac. I hope he does well for himself.

testcase448 05-28-2017 08:57 PM

Wish we still had MacAfee. best in the NFL

Glad Grigsucks is gone, worst in the NFL

Says it all

Stew Pidasole 05-29-2017 02:24 AM

Mac is a funny dude

apballin 06-03-2017 12:40 PM

How the fuck does he know he questioned Arians loyalty? Also nobody gave a fuck that Marvin Harrison didn't engage with his teammates

We get it Pat Grigson was supposedly a prick but dam you're holding a hell of a grudge for a punter that made a lot of $$$

Mr. Session 06-19-2017 07:19 PM

I thought this was rich.

Quote:

“The first conversation we had together, he told me I was the lowest thing in the organization, and he does not want to keep me,” McAfee said. “Mr. Irsay is forcing him to do it. That’s our first conversation we had. Whenever he cut our entire team [in 2012] and only kept a couple people, the first conversation he told me I was the lowest thing in the organization and the only reason why I’m there because for some reason, Mr. Irsay won’t cut [me]. Literally. It’s not a love-hate relationship. It’s been a hate relationship since day one. Whenever he got fired, I was real excited. It was a great day in my life.”
Entire Article can be found on Fox Sports.