ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So all new questions for the season (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79765)

DrSpaceman 08-24-2019 10:17 PM

So all new questions for the season

A few things come to mind now with the totally unexpected news about Luck :

When Reich was hired they said he was the only candidate that did not ask one question about Andrew Luck. Good thing that was the case

Ballard recently said more trades could be made before the season. Whole slew of possibilities for that now

Seriously is Chad Kelly or Brissett the better choice as the starter? Brissett has the experience but I wouldn't be shocked to see Kelly get a shot at some point.

Discflinger 08-24-2019 10:23 PM

Is it four games he is suspended?

Voosh 08-24-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 127290)
Is it four games he is suspended?

Two games.

Maniac 08-24-2019 10:42 PM

Kelley looked like a decent option. Who knows. I am depressed.

GoBigBlue88 08-24-2019 10:42 PM

Unfortunately, I think the Colts will be just good enough to not draft a franchise QB...

DrSpaceman 08-24-2019 10:43 PM

I guess he does have the two game suspension. (Kelly)

rcubed 08-24-2019 10:45 PM

It will be brissett the whole season. They will Look for a more permanent replacement after the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chromeburn 08-24-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 127310)
Unfortunately, I think the Colts will be just good enough to not draft a franchise QB...

Going to have to draft one, or trade up.

Then have to go through the rookie year growing pains.

Then the next year to see if he grew and is any good.

Then maybe start to talk about getting good again. Meanwhile, our LT will be likely done so have to find a new one. TY will likely be done or close to done. So need a new number 1 receiver. Houston gone. Any guy that is right around 30 probably won't be here.

This is a bad dream right? I need to wake up.

GoBigBlue88 08-24-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 127325)
Going to have to draft one, or trade up.

Then have to go through the rookie year growing pains.

Then the next year to see if he grew and is any good.

Then maybe start to talk about getting good again. Meanwhile, our LT will be likely done so have to find a new one. TY will likely be done or close to done. So need a new number 1 receiver. Houston gone. Any guy that is right around 30 probably won't be here.

This is a bad dream right? I need to wake up.

I think they'll be in a position to lean on defense and running game, tbh.

But yes, the age of OL + proven skill position players doesn't line up with a 2020 QB. They'll have to keep drafting well, of course.

Dewey 5 08-24-2019 11:10 PM

So, how’s does this effect the salary cap.