ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   We need more national negative news like this... (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14693)

DragonTails 08-21-2017 11:49 AM

We need more national negative news like this...

for a real shake up to happen. Sad thing is it should have happened after last season but we already know that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-up/581962001/

JC Irsay, just let pags and a few other coaches go - really, it's ok.

Spike 08-21-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonTails (Post 21633)
for a real shake up to happen. Sad thing is it should have happened after last season but we already know that.

Just sick and tired of hearing the garbage coming out of Pagano's pie hole. 5 years of this hack is enough to show he is out of his league. He is showing signs of frustration because he knows he is a dead man walking coaching wise.

Indiana V2 08-21-2017 12:15 PM

As others have said, just rip the band aid off, and move on now.

It is inevitable that Pagano won't be around for next season, wonder how many games into the season that he gets fired, because I have my doubts that he makes it through the entire season.

Brylok 08-21-2017 05:07 PM

It's too late to do anything now. Do you really want Chud running the team?

omahacolt 08-21-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 21704)
It's too late to do anything now. Do you really want Chud running the team?

actually

sure why not? at least i wouldn't have to look at pagano all year

Coltsalr 08-21-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 21705)
actually

sure why not? at least i wouldn't have to look at pagano all year

If we went with Chud, then I'd be worried that Irsay would fall in love with him based off a small sample size.

Let's start fresh with a guy of Ballard's choosing.

omahacolt 08-21-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 21734)
If we went with Chud, then I'd be worried that Irsay would fall in love with him based off a small sample size.

Let's start fresh with a guy of Ballard's choosing.

absolutely

but i would love to get rid of pagano now.

apballin 08-21-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 21643)
Just sick and tired of hearing the garbage coming out of Pagano's pie hole. 5 years of this hack is enough to show he is out of his league. He is showing signs of frustration because he knows he is a dead man walking coaching wise.

You guys have been saying the same shit about Pagano for 2 years now get the fuck over it he's not going anywhere

apballin 08-21-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 21738)
absolutely

but i would love to get rid of pagano now.

I wouldn't

Indiana V2 08-21-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 21755)
You guys have been saying the same shit about Pagano for 2 years now get the fuck over it he's not going anywhere

I'm convinced you're one of Pagano's daughters.

IndyNorm 08-21-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 21755)

That's b/c right when Clappy started all of his power run O and stop the run on D crap like it was the '70s and he didn't have the best QB prospect in a generation on his team, we all knew he was incompetent. BTW: we're all still waiting on the Colts being able to run the ball and stop the run :cool:

Dewey 5 08-21-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonTails (Post 21633)

Irsay might be waiting to see if he can lure Jim Harbuagh away from Michigan after this season. I'm just sure that Harbaugh wants to return to the NFL anytime soon.

FatDT 08-22-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 21772)
Irsay might be waiting to see if he can lure Jim Harbuagh away from Michigan after this season. I'm just sure that Harbaugh wants to return to the NFL anytime soon.

Harbaugh is a white whale for Colts fans. And maybe Irsay. But he's not the only way for the Colts to win it all. We have good pieces on offense. We might have some good pieces on defense. We seem to have a potentially competent GM now. We need a coaching staff that isn't going to repeatedly punch the team in the dick all season. Harbaugh is not the only way to accomplish that. And we can't just wait around for him. He may never leave Michigan.

DragonTails 08-22-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 21775)
We have good pieces on offense. We might have some good pieces on defense.

I forget - where is that again?

1965southpaw 08-22-2017 02:23 PM

As always, Mike Florio with a firm command of the obvious......

https://sports.yahoo.com/colts-not-n...163337045.html

njcoltfan 08-22-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 21853)
As always, Mike Florio with a firm command of the obvious......

https://sports.yahoo.com/colts-not-n...163337045.html

I can't post on PFT because my username is florioisadick.

Butter 08-22-2017 07:32 PM

I really like PFT as an NFL news aggregator, I ignore any bullshit Florio posts, it is rubbish and mostly click bait. Fuck that guy.

Chromeburn 08-22-2017 11:55 PM

Once a coach gets on the hotseat, it is really hard to get off. But Irsay won't fire during the season. He will ride it out.

sherck 08-23-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 21933)
Once a coach gets on the hotseat, it is really hard to get off. But Irsay won't fire during the season. He will ride it out.

Goodness, I hope not.

Starting 0-4 should be a fireable offense.

Not that Chud would do much as an interim HC replacing him but riding out the season for complete failure at this stage of the Kabuki Dance should not be an option.

Walk Worthy,

Pez 08-23-2017 11:01 AM

I just cant understand the Pagslove from Irsay. Its crass and rude, but Pags' best season was the one Arians coached.

I have to admit I'm not all that confident in Ballard so far either, the Only marks against him are not getting a viable backup for Luck (he surely knew that there was a chance Luck would not start the season). Add to that the fact that we didn't look for a center to stand in for Kelly, who is likely one of the biggest reasons the OL improved throughout the season last year.

Yes it's pre-season, but outside of a lucky interception and a could decenbt garbage time drives, the product the colts are putting out is absolute sh** right now.

Pags seems to be making a lot out of the fact that he is letting players hit each other this year in practice. Yes, that is generally a good thing, but if you looked at the cowboys game it was apparent that all this practice at tacking has the result of our team consistently being unable to tackle. If that isnt coaching, I dont Know what the issue is.

Irsay pays a lot of money for this product, why he sticks with Pags when he's regarded by their fans as incompetent, and regarded by the media as incompetent... Why does Irsay keep paying him?

sherck 08-23-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 21973)
I just cant understand the Pagslove from Irsay. Its crass and rude, but Pags' best season was the one Arians coached.

I have to admit I'm not all that confident in Ballard so far either, the Only marks against him are not getting a viable backup for Luck (he surely knew that there was a chance Luck would not start the season). Add to that the fact that we didn't look for a center to stand in for Kelly, who is likely one of the biggest reasons the OL improved throughout the season last year.

Yes it's pre-season, but outside of a lucky interception and a could decenbt garbage time drives, the product the colts are putting out is absolute sh** right now.

Pags seems to be making a lot out of the fact that he is letting players hit each other this year in practice. Yes, that is generally a good thing, but if you looked at the cowboys game it was apparent that all this practice at tacking has the result of our team consistently being unable to tackle. If that isnt coaching, I dont Know what the issue is.

Irsay pays a lot of money for this product, why he sticks with Pags when he's regarded by their fans as incompetent, and regarded by the media as incompetent... Why does Irsay keep paying him?

Revisionist history.

1. In another thread, I listed all of the QBs who were free agents this off-season.

Some are making more than $10m for 2017 (starter money) and were not going to be signed by the Colts.

Some are making more than $4m for 2017 (pretty high for a depth QB) and were not going to be signed by the Colts.

Some are over 30 years old (Ballard tends not to sign) and were not going to be signed by the Colts.

The REST of them were viable backup QB candidates. None of them would have been judged in April 2017 to be better than Tolzien. None of them.

2. Are you mad that we somehow failed to sign Zuttah away from the team in which he started for last season and made the pro-bowl? The offense that he is most familiar with? To be a spot starter for us until Kelly gets back and then be depth for the rest of the year instead of the starter in BAL?

Who else was on the market last week? 33 year old Nick Mangold whom has apparently failed physicals this off-season? 31 year old Ryan Wendell who as only started 4 games over the past 2 seasons? Hey, Khaled Holmes is still on the open market!

1,184 guys are going to be cut from NFL teams the Monday after the 4th pre-season game this year (from 90 down to 53). There is not much on the open market right now. My guess is that we will end up picking up an OC from that bunch to tide us over until Kelly or Schwenke are back.

This whole "Ballard should have known better" is pretty rear view mirror raspberries. The QB free agency class sucked bad in 2017 and there was no one left (who would have signed with us) when Kelly went down.

Walk Worthy,

Spike 08-23-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 21995)
Revisionist history.

2. Are you mad that we somehow failed to sign Zuttah away from the team in which he started for last season and made the pro-bowl? The offense that he is most familiar with? To be a spot starter for us until Kelly gets back and then be depth for the rest of the year instead of the starter in BAL?

Who else was on the market last week? 33 year old Nick Mangold whom has apparently failed physicals this off-season? 31 year old Ryan Wendell who as only started 4 games over the past 2 seasons? Hey, Khaled Holmes is still on the open market!

1,184 guys are going to be cut from NFL teams the Monday after the 4th pre-season game this year (from 90 down to 53). There is not much on the open market right now. My guess is that we will end up picking up an OC from that bunch to tide us over until Kelly or Schwenke are back.

This whole "Ballard should have known better" is pretty rear view mirror raspberries. The QB free agency class sucked bad in 2017 and there was no one left (who would have signed with us) when Kelly went down.

Walk Worthy,

Schwenke is back! My thought is that Ballard knew it would only be days before he was off the PUP list.

sherck 08-23-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 22000)
Schwenke is back! My thought is that Ballard knew it would only be days before he was off the PUP list.

Indeed.

NOW that we know Schwenke has been activated, it is obvious why Ballard did nothing last week when Kelly underwent surgery.

And Schwenke has 2 1/2 weeks to get ready to play real football which should be enough time for a 5th year veteran who has started 28 games in the NFL. He knows what he needs to do to be ready.

Walk Worthy,