ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Colts Get a Nationally-Televised Game (vs. Steelers, December 16th) (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172925)

Colts And Orioles 12-01-2023 11:46 AM

The Colts Get a Nationally-Televised Game (vs. Steelers, December 16th)

o

The Chicago Bears, who went 3-14 last year and who lost 14 consecutive games between the end of 2022 and the start of 2023, somehow got not one BUT TWO nationally-televised night games this season. ) :eek:

On the other hand, the Colts are now being rewarded for their scrappy play which unexpectedly has them with an overall record of 6-5 ...... they will be playing the Steelers on the NFL Network at 4 PM on the afternoon of Saturday, December 16th.

Unlike the Chicago Bears, the Colts didn’t get a single Thursday night, Sunday night, or Monday night game this season ...... but now, they at least have a nationally-televised one at a regularly-scheduled time (their game against the Patriots in Germany that was carried by the NFL Network started at 9:30 AM EST, and 6:30 AM PST.)

Colts vs. Steelers Week 15 Will Get National Exposure

(By Brett Mock)

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/12...be-a-storyline

o

Dam8610 12-01-2023 03:11 PM

Really hope the Colts win this one. Hope Taylor is back in time for it.

Colts And Orioles 12-06-2023 02:04 PM

o

(STEELERS vs. PATRIOTS, 12/08)

The Steelers are unquestionably a better team than are the Patriots.

The Steelers have the homefield advantage ...... there will be 70,000 screaming, maniacal Steelers fans rooting their team on.

The Patriots' offense has essentially been non-existent for 3 consecutive games, and there is little reason to think that that will change in this nationally-televised match-up.

Overall, the Patriots are in disarray ...... franchise quarterback Mac Jones has been so ineffective for the majority of the season that he is being benched in favor of the unheralded Bailey Zappe.

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has been harshly criticized for the fact that his team is headed for its 2nd consecutive losing season.

So based on all of that ...... I predict that the Patriots will win this one.

o

Pez 12-06-2023 02:42 PM

The Steelers have our number, it's astonishing really.

We haven't beat the steelers in the regular season since 2008. We beat them in the playoffs in 2006 on our way to the title.

Prior to those two wins we haven't beaten them since 1984, the year the colts became the Indianapolis colts.

Steelers lead the series all time, 27-6.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves I think, we need to crack Cincinnati first.

ChaosTheory 12-06-2023 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 285510)
The Steelers have our number, it's astonishing really.

We haven't beat the steelers in the regular season since 2008. We beat them in the playoffs in 2006 on our way to the title.

Prior to those two wins we haven't beaten them since 1984, the year the colts became the Indianapolis colts.

Steelers lead the series all time, 27-6.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves I think, we need to crack Cincinnati first.

We didn't play them our Super Bowl year. It was the year prior, '05, when we beat them 26-7 on Monday Night and then they upset us in the Divisional round.

We've never beaten them in the playoffs.

Colts And Orioles 12-06-2023 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 285510)

Prior to those two wins, we haven't beaten them since 1984, the year in which the Colts became the Indianapolis Colts.

o

We beat the Steelers in 2008.

https://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes...008-10-ind-pit

It was the season in which we started out at 3-4, and then finished the season with 9 straight wins.

That year, I felt that the only team AFC team that had a REAL chance to beat the Super Bowl-bound Steelers in the playoffs was the Colts ...... unfortunately, even though our record was 12-4, we had to go on the road in the playoffs to play the Chargers whom were 8-8, and we lost in overtime. The Chargers had the home-field advantage because they won their division with an 8-8 record, and we were a Wildcard team at 12-4 ...... AND we also beat the Chargers head-on in the regular season, on their home-field in San Diego.

o

TheMugwump 12-06-2023 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 285523)
o

We beat the Steelers in 2008.

https://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes...008-10-ind-pit

It was the season in which we started out at 3-4, and then finished the season with 9 straight wins.

That year, I felt that the only team AFC team that had a REAL chance to beat the Super Bowl-bound Steelers in the playoffs was the Colts ...... unfortunately, even though our record was 12-4, we had to go on the road in the playoffs to play the Chargers whom were 8-8, and we lost in overtime. The Chargers had the home-field advantage because they won their division with an 8-8 record, and we were a Wildcard team at 12-4 ...... AND we also beat the Chargers head-on in the regular season, on their home-field in San Diego.

o

Wasn't this the game where their punter was their MVP, pinning Indy inside the ten an ungodly number of times?

Dam8610 12-06-2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMugwump (Post 285551)
Wasn't this the game where their punter was their MVP, pinning Indy inside the ten an ungodly number of times?

Yes, it was. Mike fucking Scifres literally ended the 2008 Colts season.

Colts And Orioles 12-08-2023 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 285509)
o

(STEELERS vs. PATRIOTS, 12/08)

The Steelers are unquestionably a better team than are the Patriots.

The Steelers have the homefield advantage ...... there will be 70,000 screaming, maniacal Steelers fans rooting their team on.

The Patriots' offense has essentially been non-existent for 3 consecutive games, and there is little reason to think that that will change in this nationally-televised match-up.

Overall, the Patriots are in disarray ...... franchise quarterback Mac Jones has been so ineffective for the majority of the season that he is being benched in favor of the unheralded Bailey Zappe.

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has been harshly criticized for the fact that his team is headed for its 2nd consecutive losing season.

So based on all of that ...... I predict that the Patriots will win this one.

o

o

I got lucky on this one. ) :D

o

Racehorse 12-08-2023 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 285659)
o

I got lucky on this one. ) :D

o

That pushes the Cheats further down the draft order. Sounds good to me.