ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Overreaction thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128650)

Racehorse 09-12-2021 04:45 PM

Overreaction thread

We lost week 1. Like always. There are reasons for concern, but also reason for hope, We need to be more creative offensively, and more aggressive defensively. Hines and Taylor looked good. So did the other WRs, when Wentz had time. Lines looked pretty bad. This is very concerning. Can we ever start a season, or even a game, on fire? That is where I am worried the most.

Flame on, guys!

ChoppedWood 09-12-2021 05:06 PM

As you said, lines were atrocious and that is something that has to improve dramatically or this season will be crap.

Wentz looked like he will be fine- was nice to see balls thrown with force between the hashes.

Chromeburn 09-12-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 201737)
We lost week 1. Like always. There are reasons for concern, but also reason for hope, We need to be more creative offensively, and more aggressive defensively. Hines and Taylor looked good. So did the other WRs, when Wentz had time. Lines looked pretty bad. This is very concerning. Can we ever start a season, or even a game, on fire? That is where I am worried the most.

Flame on, guys!

I think part of that comes from having an established QB and as Kelly noted, he has had a different QB every year he has been with the Colts. Hard to have consistency if you have a new QB every year.

Racehorse 09-12-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 201739)
I think part of that comes from having an established QB and as Kelly noted, he has had a different QB every year he has been with the Colts. Hard to have consistency if you have a new QB every year.

I hope that is it. If so, next year should be a better start.

JAFF 09-12-2021 06:09 PM

Its not always. I’m sure they must have one an opener since 2001

Luck4Reich 09-12-2021 06:20 PM

@Colts
center Ryan Kelly on Carson Wentz: "Unfortunately you saw how tough he was today. Doesn’t feel really good as an offensive line."

Oldcolt 09-12-2021 06:24 PM

When we traded for him most folks said Wentz was only supposed to have to play ok. He did that. He wasn't an interception machine and didn't play hero ball. That should have been enough since we were supposed to have this well rounded team. We didn't play like a well rounded team. We didn't play like to our strengths. Not having the offensive line play together all preseason could have been an issue, if we are lucky. I think we are going to get a whole lot better but think we may be a year away from putting it all together. Defensive ends need to get experience and I'm not sure about our corner backs. Hard to say for sure since the entire defense sucked today.

njcoltfan 09-12-2021 07:37 PM

Some really good teams lost today, the Packers, Bills, Browns and Titans.I’ll bet their fans are going crazy too.It’s only week one, and I for one didn’t expect a win today. I’m gonna have a bourbon or two and look forward to next week.

nate505 09-12-2021 07:40 PM

Play calling and coaching decisions were abysmal. Not kicking the FG to get out to one possession was one of the more atrocious coaching decisions I've ever seen.

IndyNorm 09-12-2021 08:13 PM

The Colts have sucked on week one for so long that this really shouldn't bother us much, although how bad the D and OL were today is troubling. Now if we get spanked this bad again next week then we should probably start to worry.

Anyway, at least we didn't lose to the Jags today.