ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Opinion on Brady (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93937)

Colts And Orioles 11-24-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 171413)
o

My opinion on Tom Brady ........

Last week when the Buccaneers came from behind to defeat the Chargers, Brady was all smiles and shaking hands with Justin Herbert and the other Chargers players after the game ...... last night after the Buccaneers lost to the Bears, Brady immediately trotted off the field very quickly without shaking hands with (or at least verbally congratulating) Nick Foles and the other opposing Bears players.

It's easy to be graceful and sportsmanlike when things are going your way ...... one's true character shows when things don't go your way. I think that we saw that with Cam Newton and his "Superman" poses when his Carolina Panthers were winning, and his hostile spurning of the press when they lost the Super Bowl to the Broncos.

Brady is 43 years-old, so if he's still a dick, he probably always will be. Perhaps the 31 year-old Newton can learn from his mistakes, and change the perception that some have of him before his career is all said and done.

o

o

(BUCCANEERS vs. RAMS, 11/23)

The phony did it again.

After his team lost to the Rams on national TV, Brady walked straight to the locker room after the game without meeting Jared Goff (or any Rams players) in the middle of the field.

Like I said earlier, Tom Brady is very congenial and very gracious ...... when his team wins the game.

o

albany ed 11-24-2020 08:14 AM

I've never been a Brady fan, but I watched him carve up the Colts too many times to think of him as anything but a great QB. I'd be disappointed if he were to get to another SB, especially since I think BB was more responsible for the Pats dominance than Brady. I see Brady as the perfect QB for BB. He had him from the start, molded him to his way of seeing a defense. Brady to his credit, worked hard to be the QB that BB wanted him to be, learned from the master so to speak. I'd like nothing better than to see him fail with the Bucs, and it could still happen. I felt from the beginning that at 43 years old, the second half of the season would start to take a toll on him. You don't recover from the hits as quickly at 43 as you would at 23.

Admittedly, most of my dislike for Brady is because he and his team were the obstacle to Manning achieving much more greatness than he already had. Manning revolutionized the position and was just so much fun to watch. However, his biggest failures came in his biggest games, there's no denying that. I always felt that a combination of Manning and BB would have been unstoppable. I know a lot of you on this board, are filled with hatred for Brady, BB and the Pats in general, but really, that's just wasted emotion. You can be a Colts fan and still appreciate the talent you see from other teams/players.

Chromeburn 11-24-2020 10:56 AM

https://fansided.com/2020/11/23/tom-...rams-bucs/amp/

Colts And Orioles 11-24-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 176697)

Tom Brady’s Refusal to Accept Defeat Makes Him a Sore Loser

(By Cole Thompson)

https://fansided.com/2020/11/23/tom-...rams-bucs/amp/

o

Wow ...... that guy's article is essentially identical to my last 2 posts in this thread.

o

Chromeburn 11-24-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 176702)
o

Wow ...... that guy's article is essentially identical to my last 2 posts in this thread.

o

There is a lot of talk on twitter about it. Guy even put together a video of all the times Brady has walked off the field in a huff.

IndyNorm 11-24-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 176688)
Admittedly, most of my dislike for Brady is because he and his team were the obstacle to Manning achieving much more greatness than he already had. Manning revolutionized the position and was just so much fun to watch. However, his biggest failures came in his biggest games, there's no denying that. I always felt that a combination of Manning and BB would have been unstoppable. I know a lot of you on this board, are filled with hatred for Brady, BB and the Pats in general, but really, that's just wasted emotion. You can be a Colts fan and still appreciate the talent you see from other teams/players.

I don't disagree that a lot of our dislike of Belicheat and Brady come from their success against the Colts. But you fail to mention the fact that all of that success came during the Spygate heydays, which obviously takes our dislike to the next level. If they weren't illegally video taping all of their opponents playcalls then we probably win more than 1 SB during the Manning era, or at the very least they win fewer.

It doesn't help that the league only gave them a slap on wrist when they were caught and did even less when they were caught a second time around.

Dam8610 11-25-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 176688)
I've never been a Brady fan, but I watched him carve up the Colts too many times to think of him as anything but a great QB. I'd be disappointed if he were to get to another SB, especially since I think BB was more responsible for the Pats dominance than Brady. I see Brady as the perfect QB for BB. He had him from the start, molded him to his way of seeing a defense. Brady to his credit, worked hard to be the QB that BB wanted him to be, learned from the master so to speak. I'd like nothing better than to see him fail with the Bucs, and it could still happen. I felt from the beginning that at 43 years old, the second half of the season would start to take a toll on him. You don't recover from the hits as quickly at 43 as you would at 23.

He's a cheater, he never really "carved up" the Colts, with maybe the exception of 2007, and given Spygate and Deflategate, none of that can be considered legitimate anyway. Brady and Belicheat should be banned from football permanently, and all their records removed from NFL history.

albany ed 11-25-2020 03:34 PM

No need to go any further on Brady talk. It's clear we all dislike him, some more than others, but I don't think he has no fans on this board.