ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tony Brown…for those who believe in analytics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170880)

Kray007 10-30-2023 05:16 PM

Tony Brown…for those who believe in analytics

According to PFF, he earned a grade in coverage of 28.4 against the Saints.

He was targeted seven times and allowed seven receptions.
He allowed 187 yards through the air
He yielded 26.7 yards per reception
58 yards after the catch
Somehow, only one touchdown
And nowhere close to an interception
When the Saints threw in his direction, theur QB rating was 158.3, which Might will be the best possible grade.

Dam8610 10-30-2023 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 281170)
According to PFF, he earned a grade in coverage of 28.4 against the Saints.

He was targeted seven times and allowed seven receptions.
He allowed 187 yards through the air
He yielded 26.7 yards per reception
58 yards after the catch
Somehow, only one touchdown
And nowhere close to an interception
When the Saints threw in his direction, theur QB rating was 158.3, which Might will be the best possible grade.

158.3 is a perfect QB rating

YDFL Commish 10-30-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 281170)

158.3 is the best rating a QB can get. But at the same time Carr had 158.3 At half against the entire defense.

Racehorse 10-30-2023 05:24 PM

The real question is this: who is available in free agency right now who can help us? I don't know who is out there. Anyone keep up with them?

ukcolt 10-30-2023 06:14 PM

My question is how did he manage to get a grade that high, if he has conceded the perfect passer rating, surely he should have a grade of zero. Unless he did something of significance in the run game i guess.

omahacolt 10-30-2023 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 281175)
The real question is this: who is available in free agency right now who can help us? I don't know who is out there. Anyone keep up with them?

i don't know. what are your plans next week?

want to play some ball? can't be much worse

rm1369 10-30-2023 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 281175)

Season is shot. Roll the dice on another young 6th rounder or 7th rounder. The time to have addressed it was the offseason. They needed a vet or two on the roster before Rodgers was suspended. Not adding some after the suspension rose to idiotic level.

IndyNorm 10-30-2023 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 281190)
Season is shot. Roll the dice on another young 6th rounder or 7th rounder. The time to have addressed it was the offseason. They needed a vet or two on the roster before Rodgers was suspended. Not adding some after the suspension rose to idiotic level.

We could have claimed Rush off of KC's PS, but the Steelers got to him first.

Racehorse 10-30-2023 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 281188)
i don't know. what are your plans next week?

want to play some ball? can't be much worse

I'm not so sure. I can't use my right shoulder much due to a pinched nerve, and two knees with arthritis stops my explosion. Hey, you might be onto something.

YDFL Commish 10-31-2023 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcolt (Post 281182)
My question is how did he manage to get a grade that high, if he has conceded the perfect passer rating, surely he should have a grade of zero. Unless he did something of significance in the run game i guess.

The run game would only count in QBR a totally different metric. Rating is heavily favors ypa, completion %, int's and TD's.