ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rick Venturi hates Matt Ebersuck and so do I (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131007)

ChoppedWood 10-12-2021 06:55 PM

Rick Venturi hates Matt Ebersuck and so do I

Man just had the pleasure of listening to Rick break it down. Said for 4 years now he has watched a high school pass defense scheme get destroyed in the NFL and he's tired of it. AMEN!

Chromeburn 10-12-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 206493)
Man just had the pleasure of listening to Rick break it down. Said for 4 years now he has watched a high school pass defense scheme get destroyed in the NFL and he's tired of it. AMEN!

Yeah he’s been ripping it for awhile.

albany ed 10-12-2021 07:05 PM

Maybe we should make him a coach. But first, let's just see how he's done as a coach.

Kray007 10-12-2021 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 206493)

Where did you hear Venturi?

ChoppedWood 10-12-2021 09:20 PM

It was that Colts wrap show with Matt Taylor. He is always raggin' on Eberflus but tonight dude was raging against him. He basically said if Frank or Ballard don't get rid of him, we have no way of ever winning sh!t. A sentiment I completely agree with.

ChoppedWood 10-12-2021 09:25 PM

They had a stat that on only 4.9% of Lamar's passes last night had to be thrown into a tight window (and he emphasized that the NFL actually keeps that stat). That's insane, 95% of his passes were to a player that was essentially unguarded.

This staff needs to go! We're supposed to have all this defensive speed and instead of using that speed to prevent plays, we use it to try to tackle after a catch. F that!

Chromeburn 10-12-2021 11:43 PM

He also does the color commentary on the Colts radio broadcast for XM. Venturi been criticizing the scene for years. Every time he is on local sports radio.

njcoltfan 10-13-2021 06:00 AM

Wasn't Venturi the head coach of the Colt's a while back, and what was his record?

ChoppedWood 10-13-2021 07:12 AM

He was one of the early Indy Colts coaches, he was terrible. Man those first 15 or so years were rough as hell!

HoosierinFL 10-13-2021 09:51 AM

I mean, we still had basically Blackmon and Moore playing alongside Chesley, Sendejo, Keyes, and Odum for the entire 2nd half, and even Rodgers was playing in the first half and he's not very good either. I don't know what kind of scheme Eberflus could have run that would have been successful with those players.

I'm not necessarily saying he's a great coach, but I'm just not pinning that 2nd half defense on him.