ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Week 10 Jax @ Colts (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58083)

Puck 11-05-2018 11:43 AM

Week 10 Jax @ Colts

We're back!

Lets talk about Jax and their weaknesses... and how do we exploit them?

What are their strengths and how do we attack them?

What will be our weaknesses against them and how do we cover them up?

What will be our strengths against that will provide mismatches against them?

HoosierinFL 11-05-2018 12:30 PM

Don't make mistakes. No bad penalties, no turnovers, and no keystone cops defense like we saw against the Raiders.

FatDT 11-05-2018 01:11 PM

They can be run on. Our OL and RBs have been doing very well in recent weeks. With an extra week to game plan and get healthy I would expect the emphasis on running the ball to continue. We don't want to let them get their pass rush going. Run, short throws in space, and play action.

On defense, I would think a conservative zone is in order. Bortles can get hot and make plays but he's been pretty bad. If life too see Hooker get an INT and return it. If not against Bortles then when and against who?

Fournette might be back.

rcubed 11-05-2018 02:43 PM

Just some info:

Mike Wells

@MikeWellsNFL
The Colts haven’t given up a sack in 160-straight drop backs by QB Andrew Luck. Coach Frank Reich called this week’s opponent - Jacksonville - their toughest test. The Jags sacked Jacoby Brissett 10 times in last season’s game in Indy.

Pez 11-05-2018 02:55 PM

Jacksonville is 24th against the run... so we should be able to run the ball

They are 2nd best against the pass, we can exploit that with our running game and quick PA to TEs to get them to come in to play underneath and blitz to open up more vertical routes.

They are -11 turnover diff, we are +3. Get the damn ball, let bortles have small stuff and look for turnovers in the passing game.

I think we can still be run on as well, and they can burn our corners. I would look to negate this by getting pressure from Turay and Hunt, also some 'bend dont break' tampa 2 and cover 2 man under that lets our safeties actively help the corners once the field compresses as they move toward the red zone. This feeds back to the pass rush.

As far as mismatches go, I would look to spead the field with 3 wide + 2 TE to try and get mismatches where they need to cover a TE with a linebacker. Again if we do this repetitively we should see a deep safety of a corner trying to cheat underneath and get lucky in the mid to deep range.

They play a lot of cover 3, and I think with our OL that makes them vulnerable in the flat, especially if we can send a receiver and a TE deep toward their CBs there should be space behind for a screen or dump off to a RB, especially if our OL or TE can seal the edge to prevent an LB from coming over.

More generally, we cant get behind. Bortles is half the QB that andrew luck is. If we can get a ten point lead on then we should work to control TOP from that point forward and that will serve to make Bortles slightly desperate and prone to mistakes.

Bortles has 10 TDs and 8 picks on the season. Luck has 23 TDs and 8 picks. In the last 3 games, bortles has 2 TDs and one pick, Luck as 11 TDs and 3 picks (all 3 in the jets game, two werent his fault).

VeveJones007 11-05-2018 03:41 PM

Great litmus test game for the OL. Can they continue to be effective in the running game, setting up 2nd/3rd and manageable? That will really help their chances of protecting Luck.

For the D, can they at least take away some easy completions and make Bortles beat them?

Oldcolt 11-05-2018 05:00 PM

Looking forward to what the coaching staff comes up with with two weeks to prepare. The last regime did diddly squat with the extra week. I have hopes

JAFF 11-05-2018 06:53 PM

Run the ball, run the clock. Give Bortles less time to work with, make them throw. I'm not a huge fan of the blitz, but bringing a few from odd angles may help Bortles force a mistake.

Colts And Orioles 11-05-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 90047)

We're back!

Let's talk about Jacksonville and their weaknesses ........ and how do we exploit them?

What are their strengths, and how do we attack them?

What will be our weaknesses against them, and how do we cover them up?

What will be our strengths against that will provide mismatches against them?

o

We got this.

Brandon McManus missing the field goal at the end of the game against the Texans yesterday hurt us, but Frank Reich and Andrew Luck have this team on the right track ........ in my rat's ass of an opinion, the team really believes in itself for the first time since 2014, and the defense has (surprisingly) been playing with cohesion in 7 out of the first 8 games of the season.

The Texans may take the division title, but not without some say-so from Frank Reich, Andrew Luck, and the 2018 indianapolis Colts.

o

Racehorse 11-05-2018 09:55 PM

Their weaknesses? Look no further than Bortles. We have got to keep from making him look competent by scoring on our first drive or two to make him have to press like he does so often.