ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Head Coaching Search (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31733)

YDFL Commish 02-08-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 55182)
I remember turning that game on for a bit somewhere around the 35-3 mark and turned it off since I didn't care about either team. Reich also had a huge comeback victory in college too.

Yep. Where ironically, I believing he was subbing for Boomer Esiason.

Maniac 02-08-2018 06:44 PM

Why is Reich getting so much credit for the Philadelphia improvement offensively? Isn't Pederson the guy calling the plays?

1965southpaw 02-08-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 55206)
Why is Reich getting so much credit for the Philadelphia improvement offensively? Isn't Pederson the guy calling the plays?

I have the same question. We know for sure that Peterson is calling the plays; although it was just shared today that Foles actually called for the "philly surprise" play on 4th down and then Peterson agreed. I'm guessing though that Reich puts together the game plan (or at a minimum they collaborate). I just can't see how Peterson would have the time during the week to do that prep. I read that they actually had 2 complete offensive games plans ready and practiced for the Super Bowl and intended to pull out plan B once the Patriots defense started to adjust and stop plan A, except on that night the patriots D wasn't able to make those in game adjustments they were famous for so they never had to put plan B in. that is a level of preparation we have not seen here for some time.

VeveJones007 02-08-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 55206)

He wasn’t “the guy” in San Diego either. It’s definitely a concern. Could be nothing. Could be everything.

njcoltfan 02-09-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 55224)
I have the same question. We know for sure that Peterson is calling the plays; although it was just shared today that Foles actually called for the "philly surprise" play on 4th down and then Peterson agreed. I'm guessing though that Reich puts together the game plan (or at a minimum they collaborate). I just can't see how Peterson would have the time during the week to do that prep. I read that they actually had 2 complete offensive games plans ready and practiced for the Super Bowl and intended to pull out plan B once the Patriots defense started to adjust and stop plan A, except on that night the patriots D wasn't able to make those in game adjustments they were famous for so they never had to put plan B in. that is a level of preparation we have not seen here for some time.

Two game plans, damn, in the past six years it would have been nice to have at least one !!

Racehorse 02-09-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 55248)
Two game plans, damn, in the past six years it would have been nice to have at least one !!

We had one, but it involved Griff Whalen snapping the ball.

FatDT 02-09-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 55248)

Our coaching staff consistently put together half a game plan, but if you add .5 + .5 = 1, we kinda had gameplans.

apballin 02-09-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 55144)
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Colts have requested an interview with Bills DC Leslie Frazier.
:cool:

I hope this is the guy, put him with eberflus and get a good Off cood. and we're good to go

Oldcolt 02-10-2018 11:27 AM

After watching football for over 50 years my uneducated opinion is that hiring a football coach is a total crapshoot. Nobody has any fricking idea of who will or who will not be a good head coach. The last guy hired has just as good a shot at being the next great coach as the first guy hired in a cycle. So here is to hoping we hit the jackpot with whomever it is.

As a side note, I cannot believe how quiet Ballard keeps things.