ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts sign Chad Kelly (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73991)

Discflinger 05-21-2019 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 120460)
Yeah. And it is dumb

He got drunk. So what?

omahacolt 05-21-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 120489)
He got drunk. So what?

That isn’t all that happened

JAFF 05-21-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 120462)
It’s dumb. This kid had a golden opportunity in Denver and blew it. There are more deserving dudes to bring in for a shot

He's the 96th guy on a team that can only hold 54 guys. He's not keeping Johnny U off the roster.

omahacolt 05-21-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 120597)
He's the 96th guy on a team that can only hold 54 guys. He's not keeping Johnny U off the roster.

What the fuck does this even mean? My god your posts are shit. Every one of them

JAFF 05-21-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 120601)
What the fuck does this even mean? My god your posts are shit. Every one of them

And you are an ahole everytime you open your pie hole.

If he makes the 54 man roster, you have something to bitch about.

omahacolt 05-21-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 120605)

The front office is tasked with bringing in the best talent. Not doing so is a failure.

Do you not understand depth?

Luck4Reich 05-21-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 120605)

I hope he doesnt make the roster, that means a wasted spot some contributor could take.

Chaka 05-22-2019 11:10 AM

Since it's unlikely we'll carry three QBs on the final roster, there seems to be two likely reasons (other than potential injury to Luck/Brissett) to bring this guy in:

1) As many of you have suggested, they are doing the guy a favor due to his connections and to give him an opportunity for exposure; or

2) They think there's a decent chance they'll trade Brissett and want an alternative backup who's young with upside but is not totally raw.

His signing certainly doesn't fit with Ballard's prior statements about how character is so important to him, and I agree with Omaha that there are guys far more deserving at a shot that this guy.

smitty46953 05-22-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 120612)
I hope he doesnt make the roster, that means a wasted spot some contributor could take.

Camp arm nothing more in my opinion :cool:

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 05-22-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 120647)
Since it's unlikely we'll carry three QBs on the final roster, there seems to be two likely reasons (other than potential injury to Luck/Brissett) to bring this guy in:

1) As many of you have suggested, they are doing the guy a favor due to his connections and to give him an opportunity for exposure; or

2) They think there's a decent chance they'll trade Brissett and want an alternative backup who's young with upside but is not totally raw.

His signing certainly doesn't fit with Ballard's prior statements about how character is so important to him, and I agree with Omaha that there are guys far more deserving at a shot that this guy.

I think it's option 3:

3) The Colts wanted to bring in someone for competition as a 3rd QB. The competition is NOT for a final roster spot - it is for a spot on the practice / taxi squad. This could be Brissett's last year as a Colt - if the Colts think Kelly has talent and upside and now a focus to stay out of trouble, they might give him a shot - on the practice squad. It would give them a chance to see what he can do and see if he can stay out of trouble.