ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pagano to Bears (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65364)

Luck4Reich 01-12-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 105526)
They’re also both relieved they don’t have to give him the follow-up interview he kept calling about.

For their janitor position?

Coltsalr 01-12-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 105618)
For their janitor position?

Pagano is AT LEAST a cashier!

Puck 01-12-2019 05:16 PM

So seriously......

Is pagano going to try to switch this to a 3-4 D and put Mack as a LB????

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 01-14-2019 11:51 AM

I don't wish him any ill will, but I am very HAPPY that Pagano is no longer the Colts head coach.

Interesting fact - Pagano NEVER held the position of head coach or defensive coordinator for more than 1 consecutive year until the Colts gig.

His prior attempts:
Defensive Coordinator - UNLV (1991) - team finished 4-7
Defensive Coordinator - North Carolina (2007) - team finished 4-8
Defensive Coordinator - Ravens (2011) - team finished 12-4

I don't think there is anything in his prior experience that indicates he will be a good (or bad) DC. The Ravens were good before he was their DC and after he was DC. I guess you can say he didn't screw anything up in his one year as DC.

I will say that either Pags or his agent was very smart to zero in on his new job. The Bears defense has SEVEN players that were named to the Pro Bowl or as Pro Bowl alternates. All are currently under contract for next season although I didn't look at the Bears overall cap situation so that may change. That defense has a ridiculous amount of talented players. I think the Bears could have selected me as the new Defensive Coordinator and the unit would finish as a top 5 defense next year.

FatDT 01-14-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 105655)
So seriously......

Is pagano going to try to switch this to a 3-4 D and put Mack as a LB????

What? Fangio runs a 3-4. Mack was an OLB in 2018, along w/Leonard Floyd. Pagano will just keep it going.

There is enough talent on the Chicago D for Pagano to look good for a year or two. He will probably improve the DBs a bit. Most of that depth chart is already established and that is one of the areas where he struggled the most.

Look at his one year as DC in Baltimore and I'd expect that's about how his first year will go in Chicago. Ravens fans weren't happy when he left if I remember right.

When the talent turns over he will turn back into a pumpkin because he doesn't know how to assess talent. But while it is simple I won't be surprised if they're a top defense again in 2019.

YDFL Commish 01-15-2019 12:47 AM

Irsay was pretty heavy into self medicating when he hired Pags and Grigs. So, I'll give him a slight pass on that. They were still both terrible hires though.

VeveJones007 01-15-2019 01:03 AM

Chicago media seems to be very happy with the hire. I can’t get the poor gameplans and lack of halftime adjustments out of my head.